ABC comedies tick up; Annual DC crossover continues to bear ratings fruit for The CW; E! orders new dating/commentary format DATING #NOFILTER
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.0/5||0.9/4||0.9/4||0.6/3||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||5.68||9.91||4.27||2.46||1.37|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Tuesday, December 11, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Voice (NBC)||1.4/6||8.97|
|The Conners (ABC)||1.4/6||6.67|
|Supergirl (The CW)||0.7/3||2.13|
|The Gifted (FOX) – R||0.4/2||1.74|
|8:30 p.m.||The Kids Are Alright (ABC)||0.9/4||4.35|
|9 p.m.||FBI (CBS)||1.0/4||8.97|
|Darci Lynne: My Hometown Christmas (NBC) – S||0.8/3||5.96|
|Black Lightning (The CW)||0.4/2||1.16|
|Lethal Weapon (FOX) – R||0.3/1||1.13|
|9:30 p.m.||Splitting Up Together (ABC)||0.7/3||2.98|
|10 p.m.||NCIS: New Orleans (CBS)||0.8/3||7.68|
|The Rookie (ABC)||0.7/3||4.22|
|Hollywood Game Night (NBC)||0.5/2||2.67|
- CBS’ all crime-procedural evening took top honors on Tuesday; flagship NCIS picked up a tenth from last week to score a 1.3 and also picked up the largest audience of the night at 12.15 million, but spin-off NCIS: NEW ORLEANS lost a tenth, slipping to 0.8. FBI held steady at 1.0.
- NBC and ABC had identical averages for the night, but NBC’s audience far outpaced ABC; its nightly average of 9.91 million viewers was more than double ABC’s 4.27 million watchers. However, both networks tied for achieving the top rated show of the night – NBC’s THE VOICE and ABC’s THE CONNERS each grabbed a 1.4 in 18-49s, although THE VOICE had a larger audience overall (8.97 million to 6.67 million). Following NBC down the line, the special DARCI LYNNE: MY HOMETOWN CHRISTMAS scored a respectable 0.8 (who knew so many people liked watching tween ventriloquists and creepy puppets?), and a new episode of HOLLYWOOD GAME NIGHT lagged behind at 0.5.
- ABC, however, had a night of upticks (for once). THE CONNERS (1.4), THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT (0.9) and SPLITTING UP TOGETHER (0.7) all picked up a tenth from last week, while BLACK-ISH (0.8) and THE ROOKIE (0.7) maintained for a second week in a row.
- On The CW, its annual DC crossover event continues to prove its ratings worth. SUPERGIRL shot to a 0.7 this week, a significant boost over last week’s more typical 0.4 rating. BLACK LIGHTNING also ticked up by a tenth; the 0.4 from last night ties its season high.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Monday, December 10, 2018
|NFL REGULAR SEASON – MINNESOTA/SEATTLE||ESPN||8:13 PM||11,389||3.5|
|MONDAY NIGHT KICKOFF||ESPN||8:00 PM||4,579||1.4|
|SPORTSCENTER 12AM||ESPN||11:15 PM||2,836||1.1|
|LOVE AND HIP HOP||VH1||8:00 PM||1,601||0.8|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||8:00 PM||2,347||0.8|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||9:00 PM||2,186||0.8|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||10:00 PM||2,048||0.7|
|TEEN MOM||MTV||9:00 PM||953||0.5|
|T.I. & TINY: FAMILY HUSTLE||VH1||9:01 PM||1,083||0.5|
|VANDERPUMP RULES||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,170||0.5|
|MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN||ESPN||6:00 PM||1,241||0.5|
|HOLIDAY BAKING CHAMPION||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,794||0.5|
|SPORTSCENTER 12AM||ESPN||1:30 AM||831||0.4|
|STREET OUTLAWS: MEMPHIS||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,045||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||3,117||0.3|
|CHRISTMAS COOKIE CHLG||FOOD||10:00 PM||1,349||0.3|
|LOVE IT OR LIST IT||HOME||9:00 PM||1,210||0.3|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||888||0.3|
|PEOPLE MAG INVESTIGATES||INVESTIGATION||10:00 PM||1,139||0.3|
|TEEN MOM: YOUNG & PREGNANT||MTV||10:01 PM||554||0.3|
|FIRST TAKE||ESPN||10:00 AM||609||0.2|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,162||0.2|
|AROUND THE HORN||ESPN||5:00 PM||665||0.2|
|DAILY SHOW||COMEDY||11:00 PM||714||0.2|
|FREEFORM ORIGINAL MOVIE: NO SLEEP TIL CHRISTMAS||FREEFORM||9:00 PM||602||0.2|
- As the 2018 NFL season winds down, ESPN once again held the top three spots on the cable list, thanks to MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. In the top spot was the live broadcast of the Seattle Seahawks and Minnesota Vikings game, scoring a 3.5 in 18-49-year-old adults. The rating towered over all other programming, but was down a tenth from the live broadcast of the Washington vs. Philadelphia game last week. Same as last week, the pre-game KICKOFF show slid into the number two spot at 1.4 and a late night SPORTSCENTER rounded out the top three at 1.1.
- Also near the top of the list was VH1’s mainstay LOVE AND HIP HOP, maintaining a 0.8 rating, and closely followed by WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW on USA, where the 3-hour broadcast posted a peak 0.8 rating in the 8 and 9pm hours, before dropping to a 0.7 at 10pm.
- Food Network shows continue to perform well (as they always do around the holidays); both HOLIDAY BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP and CHRISTMAS COOKIE CHALLENGE have held on to steady 0.5 and 0.3 ratings, respectively.
- PROJECTS GREENLIT/ORDERED:
- BLESS THIS MESS, the Liz Meriweather (creator of New Girl and Single Parents) single-camera comedy rolled from the 2018-19 development season, has received a 6-episode midseason order from ABC, moving over from FBC. The 20th Century comedy was set up at Fox and filmed an off-cycle pilot, which FBC reportedly loved, but could not make a decision in the midst of finalizing the merger with Disney. With actor and creative team options expiring next month, FBC opted to move on from the pilot, not wanting to commit a slot to it for Fall 2019 without seeing current development for ’19-’20. ABC, which has SINGLE PARENTS, jumped at the chance to take another Meriweather project, fill an immediate midseason need in its spring schedule, and still keeps the show “in the family,” post-merger. The show stars Dax Shepard and Lake Bell (who also directed the pilot).
- DATING #NOFILTER | comedy/dating | unscripted + commentary | 20×30
Log Line: Three pairs of outspoken comedians offer play-by-play commentary as they follow real singles on outrageous, intimate, and surprising first dates.
- Premieres 21 January on E! in the US; airing 4 nights a week for 5 weeks
- All3Media America and Lime Pictures are handling distribution rights