THE GOOD DOCTOR rises up for fall finale of cliffhangers; THE VOICE wins the night but ratings are still trending down; WBTV signs 8-figure/5-year overall with Bill Lawrence
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.3/5||1.2/5||0.8/3||0.5/2||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||7.79||6.0||5.65||2.38||1.14|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Monday, December 3, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Voice (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.5/6||8.97|
|The Neighborhood (CBS)||1.1/5||6.49|
|The Great Christmas Light Fight (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.1/5||5.39|
|The Resident (FOX) – R||0.5/2||2.27|
|Arrow (The CW)||0.4/2||1.36|
|8:30 p.m.||Happy Together (CBS)||0.8/3||4.56|
|9 p.m.||The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – R||0.8/3||4.86|
|9-1-1 (FOX) – R||0.5/2||2.5|
|DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)||0.3/1||0.93|
|9:30 p.m.||The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – R||0.8/3||4.97|
|10 p.m.||The Good Doctor (ABC)||1.4/6||7.21|
|Deal or No Deal (NBC) – S||1.0/5||5.43|
- NBC narrowly edged out ABC for the overall win on broadcast Monday night. Helping the network along was THE VOICE, highest rated in primetime at 1.5, although it was down by a tenth week-to-week. Voice also captured the largest audience of the night at 8.97 million viewers. Later on, a special holiday edition of DEAL OR NO DEAL scored a decent 1.0, an encouraging number to score before it moves to CNBC for a regular debut.
- It should be noted that ABC’s numbers are a bit inflated due to NFL pre-emptions in Philadelphia and Washington DC, so expect some downward adjustment later in the day. Currently, THE GREAT CHRISTMAS LIGHT FIGHT is at 1.1, two tenths up from its 0.9 premiere last week. The fall finale of THE GOOD DOCTOR is up by four tenths, sitting at 1.4.
- CBS had a mixed night of first-runs and encore episodes. THE NEIGHBORHOOD had the strongest performance, turning in another 1.1 for a third straight week. HAPPY TOGETHER was down a tenth to 0.8, while BULL also dropped a tenth and is sitting at 0.7.
- On The CW, both ARROW (0.4) and LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (0.3) put up the same numbers as the past two weeks.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Sunday, December 2, 2018
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA||BRAVO||8:00 PM||1,935||0.7|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OC||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,705||0.7|
|90 DAY FIANCE||TLC||8:00 PM||1,796||0.6|
|FREEFORM ORIGINAL MOVIE: LIFE-SIZE 2/CHRISTMAS EVE||FREEFORM||9:00 PM||1,263||0.5|
|CFP RANKINGS SHOW – PLAYOFF TOP 25||ESPN||12:00 PM||1,400||0.5|
|NFL COUNTDOWN||ESPN||9:00 AM||1,081||0.4|
|KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS||E!||9:00 PM||941||0.4|
|HALL ORIGINAL MOVIE: A MAJESTIC CHRISTMAS||HALLMARK||8:00 PM||2,627||0.4|
|DIRTY JOHN||BRAVO||10:00 PM||1,234||0.4|
|LIGA MX – AMERICA / TOLUCA||UNIVISION||7:20 PM||796||0.4|
|DREAM CORP LLC||ADULT SWIM||12:00 AM||697||0.4|
|HOLIDAY GINGERBREAD SHDO||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,162||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER 12AM||ESPN||12:00 AM||782||0.3|
|RETURN TO AMISH||TLC||10:00 PM||947||0.3|
|DREAM CORP LLC||ADULT SWIM||12:15 AM||560||0.3|
|ALASKA: THE LAST FRONTIER||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,911||0.3|
|ON THE CASE WITH PZ||INVESTIGATION||10:00 PM||1,183||0.3|
|HMM ORIGINAL MOVIE: ONCE UPON A XMAS MIRACLE||HALLMARK||9:00 PM||2,146||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER 1AM||ESPN||1:00 AM||570||0.2|
|GIRL MEETS FARM||FOOD||11:00 AM||1,098||0.2|
|SPORTSCENTER WEEKEND||ESPN||8:00 AM||645||0.2|
|CONTACTO DEPORTIVO||UNIVISION||9:32 PM||445||0.2|
|MOVIE- ORIGINAL PREM: THE CHRISTMAS PACT||LIFETIME||8:00 PM||1,015||0.2|
|HAWAII LIFE||HOME||8:30 PM||1,223||0.2|
|BLOOD RUNS COLD||INVESTIGATION||9:00 PM||1,106||0.2|
- Without THE WALKING DEAD to compete with, the REAL HOUSEWIVES franchise shot to the top of the list on a mostly quiet Sunday. ATLANTA topped the list at 0.7, although OC was right on its heels, also with a 0.7. TLC’s 90 DAY FIANCE rounded out the top three with another 0.6.
- Christmas movies are beginning to dot the cable landscape; Freeform’s sequel to Tyra Banks’ LIFE SIZE, LIFE SIZE 2: CHRISTMAS EVE, climbed into the top five, scoring a 0.5 and 1.26 million viewers, while a lower rated Hallmark movie ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE had a lower rated 0.3, but nearly double the audience size at 2.15 million viewers.
- DIRTY JOHN on Bravo scored another 0.4, same as its premiere last week, while BBC America’s DR. WHO was unable to retain its 0.3 rating, and once again fell to 0.2.
- PROJECTS GREENLIT/ORDERED:
- Apple has ordered basketball drama SWAGGER! inspired by Kevin Durant’s youth basketball experiences. It explores the world of AAU basketball in Washington DC, and the players, their families and coaches who walk the fine line between dreams and ambition, opportunism and corruption. Imagine TV produces in conjunction with CBS TV Studios, where the production company has a first look deal. This is the first series pickup CBSTVS has with Apple.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS:
- Coming on the heels of a $100 million multi-year overall pact with Ava DuVernay, WBTV has sunk eight figures into a five-year exclusive overall with Bill Lawrence’s Doozer. This is Lawrence’s third overall with the studio, where he has been since 2011. Lawrence, the creator of Scrubs, has made three network sales so far for the 2019-20 season; a pilot production commitment for DC drama SUPER SIX (CBS), and script commitments for an untitled ABC dramedy starring Sara Chalke, and most recently, an untitled multi-camera comedy centered around a man who takes a retail gig at a department store after losing his dream job.
- MTV has released a trailer for Lindsay Lohan unscripted vehicle, LINDSAY LOHAN BEACH CLUB. The 30 second spot is about what you’d expect from a heavily scripted celeb docu-series, although the location looks lovely. Check it out HERE. The show premieres 8 January. Bunim/Murray produces.
- Who’s ready to scar a whole new generation of children? Check out the intense trailer for BBC One’s recreated rabbit drama WATERSHIP DOWN. Don’t worry; it only looks half as horrifying and vividly violent as the original!