NBC leads network coverage of Midterm Elections; CW to reboot 4400; Alec Baldwin Show banished to 10pm on Saturdays
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.4/6||1.3/5||0.9/4||0.7/3||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||5.75||5.25||4.25||2.77||0.9|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Tuesday, November 6, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Vote: America’s Future (NBC) (8-11 p.m.)||1.4/6||5.75|
|ABC News 2018 Midterm Election (ABC) (8-11 p.m.)||1.3/5||5.25|
|CBS News: Election Night (CBS) (8-11 p.m.)||0.9/4||4.25|
|The Gifted (FOX)||0.7/3||2.39|
|The Flash (The CW) – R||0.3/1||1.01|
|9 p.m.||Lethal Weapon (FOX)||0.7/3||3.16|
|Black Lightning (The CW) – R||0.2/1||0.79|
- With the exception of Fox and the CW, the networks all ran competing live Election Night coverage in primetime, with NBC leading the pack for broadcast at 1.4 in 18-49s and 5.75 million viewers overall. ABC followed closely behind at 1.3/5.25 million viewers, and CBS four tenths back from ABC at 0.9/4.25 million viewers.
- On Fox, both THE GIFTED (0.7) and LETHAL WEAPON (0.7) ticked up a tenth this week, while CW ran repeats of THE FLASH and BLACK LIGHTNING.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Monday, November 5, 2018
|NFL REGULAR SEASON – TITANS/COWBOYS||ESPN||8:13 PM||11,787||3.9|
|MONDAY NIGHT KICKOFF||ESPN||8:00 PM||5,262||1.7|
|SPORTSCENTER 12AM||ESPN||11:14 PM||3,097||1.2|
|LOVE & HIP HOP HOLLYWOOD||VH1||8:00 PM||2,079||1.1|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||8:00 PM||2,641||0.9|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||9:00 PM||2,501||0.9|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||10:00 PM||2,181||0.8|
|T.I. & TINY: FAMILY HUSTLE||VH1||9:01 PM||1,345||0.7|
|MONDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN||ESPN||6:00 PM||1,403||0.6|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OC||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,341||0.5|
|TEEN MOM||MTV||9:00 PM||843||0.5|
|HOLIDAY BAKING CHAMPION||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,319||0.4|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,384||0.4|
|SPORTSCENTER 12AM||ESPN||1:30 AM||874||0.4|
|CHRISTMAS COOKIE CHALLENGE||FOOD||10:00 PM||982||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,913||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||3,089||0.3|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||842||0.3|
|STREET OUTLAWS: MEMPHIS||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||957||0.3|
|THE INGRAHAM ANGLE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||2,980||0.3|
|TEEN MOM: YOUNG & PREG||MTV||10:01 PM||508||0.3|
|LAST WORD W/ L. ODONNELL||MSNBC||10:00 PM||2,110||0.3|
|THE FIVE||FOX NEWS||5:00 PM||2,832||0.3|
|AROUND THE HORN||ESPN||5:00 PM||579||0.2|
|FULL FRONTAL W/ SAM BEE||TBS||10:30 PM||627||0.2|
- MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL continues to tower over the competition on cable. The ESPN broadcast of the Cowboys versus Titans game shot to 3.9 in the 18-49 this week, up four tenths from last Monday. The network kept its hold over the top three entirely, with pre-game MONDAY NIGHT KICKOFF (1.7) in second position and a late night SPORTSCENTER (1.2) in third.
- Elsewhere, VH1’s LOVE & HIP HOP: HOLLYWOOD scored a 1.1, up two tenths from last week, while WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW fell off a tenth, earning a 0.9 peak rating across its three-hour broadcast.
- In franchise formats, Bravo’s REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY and MTV’s TEEN MOM maintained 0.5s for another week.
- DEVELOPMENT NEWS:
- The CW announced development for a rebooted version of THE 4400. The show’s premise is fun and intriguing: over the past 75 years, 4400 people all over the world have gone missing and on one day in 2019 they all return to their original abduction sites, having no memory of what’s happened or having aged a day. Whether or not this is going to be a good move for them, I’m not sure. On one hand, classic sci-fi tropes have been becoming more and more popular for development and series orders over the past couple of seasons (Stranger Things on Netflix, Twilight Zone upcoming on CBS Access, Amazing Stories for Apple, and Phillip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams on Amazon Prime all immediately come to mind), but on the other, CW has been rebooting series with limited success in the same amount of time (Dynasty’s lackluster 0.2 average over its first season) and the reboot of Roswell has yet to premiere.
- PROJECTS GREENLIT/ORDERED:
- Facebook Watch has struck its first deal to have one of its original programs adapted to markets outside the US. CONFETTI, the HQ-like live trivia game show is set to be adapted in the UK to roll out within a month, and local versions in India, Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam to follow. Fremantle is producing the localized versions.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS:
- Well, that didn’t take long: Alec Baldwin’s dreadful talk show has been banished to Saturday nights, in the worst time slot ABC could find, apparently – 10pm. The show had a poor start to begin with, earning a mere 0.5 in its premiere and never really found itself, dropping most recently to a couple of 0.3s for its latest episodes. After the original order is burned through, I’m sure this one will go the way of the dodo.