SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on track to season high ratings; MTV set to bring back critically acclaimed series UNDRESSED
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||5.4/20||2.5/9||0.8/3||0.8/3||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||18.15||7.51||7.43||3.93||1.08|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day –, 2018
|7 p.m.||NFL Overrun (FOX)||5.8/23||19.7|
|Football Night in America (NBC)||2.3/9||8.44|
|60 Minutes (CBS)||1.2/5||9.89|
|America’s Funniest Home Videos (ABC)||0.8/3||5.01|
|7:30 p.m.||The OT (FOX)||4.0/15||12.93|
|8 p.m.||SNF Pregame (NBC)||5.4/20||18.46|
|The Simpsons (FOX)||1.9/7||5.06|
|Mickey’s 90th Spectacular (ABC) (8-10 p.m.) – S||1.0/5||4.6|
|God Friended Me (CBS)||0.8/3||7.57|
|Supergirl (The CW)||0.4/2||1.22|
|8:30 p.m.||NFL Football (NBC) (8:20-11:30 p.m.)||6.7/25||21.29|
|Bob’s Burgers (FOX)||1.3/6||3.13|
|9 p.m.||Family Guy (FOX)||1.1/5||2.61|
|NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS)||0.7/3||7|
|Charmed (The CW)||0.3/1||0.95|
|9:30 p.m.||REL (FOX)||0.6/3||1.64|
|10 p.m.||Madam Secretary (CBS)||0.6/3||5.25|
|The Alec Baldwin Show (ABC)||0.3/1||1.51|
- Live NFL games helped boost both Fox and NBC on Sunday, with NBC seeing the largest gains. The Patriots vs. Packers game posted a preliminary 6.7 in overnights, significantly up from last week’s 4.0 prelim number. The final rating will most likely adjust up later in the day, marking a season high for the 2018 season.
- On Fox, NFL overruns boosted the SIMPSONS (1.9) and BOB’S BURGERS (1.3) to season highs, although they both may adjust down later in the day. Both FAMILY GUY (1.1) and REL (0.6) were stable this week, matching their ratings from last Sunday.
- MICKEY’S 90th SPECTACULAR on ABC posted a 1.0, the highest rating the network has grabbed on Sunday so far this season. However, the boost still couldn’t help the lackluster ALEC BALDWIN SHOW, which posted another anemic 0.3.
- On CBS, GOD FRIENDED ME boosted up a tenth to 0.8 this week, while NCIS: LOS ANGELES fell a tenth to 0.7. MADAM SECRETARY, as usual, put up a 0.6.
- On the CW, both SUPERGIRL (0.4) and CHARMED (0.3) were even with last week’s numbers.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Thursday, November 1, 2018
|JERSEY SHORE: FAM VACAY||MTV||8:00 PM||1,256||0.8|
|THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – OAK VS. SF||NFL NETWORK||8:23 PM||2,152||0.8|
|THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL – SUS||NFL NETWORK||11:00 PM||1,864||0.7|
|NBA BASKETBALL – BUCKS/CELTICS||TNT||8:14 PM||1,277||0.5|
|NBA BASKETBALL – PELICANS/TRAIL BLAZERS||TNT||10:39 PM||1,078||0.5|
|LIVE PD: 156 LIVE PD||A&E||8:00 PM||1,201||0.4|
|THURSDAY NIGHT PRE-KICK||NFL NETWORK||8:07 PM||1,259||0.4|
|LIVE PD PRESENTS: PD CAM||A&E||10:00 PM||1,131||0.4|
|COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIME – TEMPLE/UCF||ESPN||7:25 PM||1,191||0.4|
|THURSDAY NIGHT POST-GAME||NFL NETWORK||11:17 PM||928||0.3|
|LIVE PD PRESENTS: PD CAM||A&E||10:31 PM||1,049||0.3|
|HOW FAR IS TATTOO FAR||MTV||9:01 PM||583||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER LATE||ESPN||11:25 PM||755||0.3|
|HOW FAR IS TATTOO FAR||MTV||9:32 PM||562||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,233||0.3|
|NBA TIP-OFF||TNT||8:00 PM||752||0.3|
|MOUNTAIN MEN||HISTORY||9:00 PM||2,186||0.3|
|THE INGRAHAM ANGLE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||2,816||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,859||0.3|
|IMPRACTICAL JOKERS||TRUTV||10:00 PM||502||0.3|
|SHAHS OF SUNSET||BRAVO||9:00 PM||894||0.3|
|THE FIVE||FOX NEWS||5:00 PM||2,774||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,842||0.3|
|CORONER: I SPEAK FOR THE||INVEST||11:00 PM||933||0.3|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||746||0.3|
- MTV’s JERSEY SHORE: FAMLY VACATION took back the top spot on Thursday cable ratings this week, earning a 0.8 in adults 18-49, up one-tenth from its previous 0.7. The NFL Network’s broadcast of the Raiders vs. 49ers THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL game followed closely behind, also with a 0.8, while a post game show rounded out the top three at 0.7.
- Elsewhere in sports broadcasting, TNT’s back-to-back airings of the Bucks vs. Celtics and Pelicans vs. Trail Blazers NBA games landed a little lower with matching 0.5s, but still in the top five.
- MTV is still enjoying solid success with HOW FAR IS TATTOO FAR; a new pair of episodes posted steady 0.3s for the network, while on A&E, LIVE PD scored a 0.4. A two-part premiere of the second season of LIVE PD PRESENTS: PD CAM scored a 0.4 and 0.3, respectively.
- PROJECTS GREENLIT/ORDERED:
- ABC has ordered seven additional episodes of freshman drama THE ROOKIE, starring Nathan Fillion. This brings the total order up to 20 episodes, which ABC is considering a full season order for the light cop drama. While the show hasn’t been a breakout hit, it has improved over past shows in the Tuesday/10pm slot and an 84% growth in total audience during the hour. Considering how the rest of ABC’s schedule is slumping (especially the comedies), it needs to take wins where it can get them.
- UNDRESSED | MTV Studios | Reboot | Dramedy
Log line: Updated version of the acclaimed 1999-2002 series exploring the complicated dynamics of young adult relationships.
- Follows other reboots announced in MTV Studios first slate of projects, which also includes Daria, The Real World, Made, and Aeon Flux
- As with others, the series is slated to premiere mostly on digital platforms
- The series was originally lauded for being one of the only to feature LGBT relationships on-screen, as well as realistic, honest takes on gender, race, and class (definitely ready for the “woke” generation now)
- Strategy-wise, it’s a smart move, further bolstering its fifth consecutive quarter of growth, with the highest Live+3 ratings among 18-34s its seen in four years.