STATION 19 hits series-high note for ABC while CBS stays steady and NBC tumbles; DRG teams with Sundance Now to co-produce true crime docuseries THE OSLO KILLING
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||3.4/14||1.4/6||1.2/5||0.8/4||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||10.7||8.84||5.48||3.17||1.04|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Thursday, October 11, 2018
|8 p.m.||NFL Football (FOX) (8-11 p.m.)||3.4/14||10.7|
|The Big Bang Theory (CBS)||2.2/10||12.65|
|Grey’s Anatomy (ABC)||1.5/7||6.66|
|Supernatural (The CW) – P||0.5/2||1.45|
|8:30 p.m.||Young Sheldon (CBS)||1.8/8||11|
|The Good Place (NBC)||0.8/4||2.79|
|9 p.m.||Mom (CBS)||1.4/6||8.26|
|Station 19 (ABC)||1.3/5||6.5|
|Will & Grace (NBC)||0.8/4||3.4|
|All American (The CW) – R||0.2/1||0.62|
|9:30 p.m.||Murphy Brown (CBS)||1.0/4||6.82|
|I Feel Bad (NBC)||0.6/3||2.23|
|10 p.m.||Law & Order: SVU (NBC)||0.9/4||4.35|
|How to Get Away with Murder (ABC)||0.8/4||3.28|
- THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL is working out well for Fox. The game scored a preliminary 3.4 rating in adults 18-49, four tenths up from its preliminary number last week (it adjusted to 4.3 in the final).
- Thursday is still the strongest night for ratings for American broadcasters. CBS remained the steadiest, it’s line-up of comedies, BIG BANG THOERY (2.2), YOUNG SHELDON (1.8), and MURPHY BROWN (1.0) were all even with last week, while MOM (1.4) and SWAT (0.8) each rose a tenth week to week.
- ABC had a split night for its usual all Shonda shows. GREYT’S ANATOMY took a small hit, dipping a tenth to 1.5 this time around, while STATION 19 rose to a series high for both rating (1.3) and viewers (6.5 million), thanks mostly to a crossover event between the two shows. HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER closed out the evening in steady fashion, earning another 0.8.
- NBC continues to struggle with its Thursday slate – every show was down throughout the night. SUPERSTORE (0.8), THE GOOD PLACE (0.8) I FEEL BAD (0.6), and LAW & ORDER: SVU (0.9) each fell a tenth, while WILL & GRACE was two-tenths off its premiere rating of 1.0 last week, to earn a 0.8 this time around.
- On the CW, the season premiere of SUPERNATURAL posted a 0.5 with 1.45 million viewers, down two-tenths from its premiere last year and a tenth below its overall 2017-18 season average.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Wednesday, October 10, 2018
|AMERICAN HORROR STORY||FX||10:00 PM||2,116||1.0|
|NBA PRE-SEASON L||ESPN||10:38 PM||1,975||0.8|
|SOUTH PARK||COMEDY||10:00 PM||966||0.6|
|BLACK INK CREW||VH1||10:00 PM||1,087||0.6|
|NBA AFTER THE BUZZER||ESPN||1:15 AM||971||0.4|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||2:00 PM||2,305||0.4|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,748||0.4|
|NBA PRE-SEASON L||ESPN||8:15 PM||1,033||0.4|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||3:00 PM||2,199||0.4|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||4:00 PM||2,181||0.4|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||3,485||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER 1AM||ESPN||1:30 AM||707||0.3|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||1:00 PM||2,235||0.3|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||5:00 PM||1,807||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,912||0.3|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||6:00 PM||1,515||0.3|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||11:00 AM||1,787||0.3|
|GUYS GROCERY GAMES||FOOD||9:00 PM||865||0.3|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||9:00 PM||1,340||0.3|
|CUOMO PRIME TIME||CNN||9:00 PM||1,356||0.3|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||12:00 PM||1,878||0.3|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||7:00 PM||1,543||0.3|
|NBA COURTSIDE L||ESPN||8:00 PM||815||0.3|
|WEATHER CENTER LIVE||WEATHER||8:00 PM||1,351||0.3|
|ANDERSON COOPER 360||CNN||8:00 PM||1,368||0.3|
- FX’s “AMERICAN HORROR STORY: APOCALYPSE retook the top spot of the night in the Wednesday cable ratings this week, maintaining the same 1.0 rating in adults 18-49 it had scored a week ago. AHS was also up slightly in total viewers from 2.02 to 2.12 million this time around.
- ESPN’s broadcast of the NBA pre-season game between Golden State and LA came second with a 0.8 and 1.98 million viewers. The network’s post-game AFTER THE BUZZER special landed fairly high as well, scoring a 0.4. Meanwhile, Comedy Central’s SOUTH PARK rounded out the top 3, and ticked back up from a 0.5 to a 0.6, as did VH1’s BLACK INK CREW (0.6).
- As Hurricane Michael ripped through the panhandle of Florida, the Weather Channel predictably captured several spots on the top 25 for its live coverage. The broadcast maintained 0.4-0.3s throughout the day and into the evening.
- PROJECTS GREENLIT/ORDERED:
- Unsurprisingly, CBS has ordered a Back 9 for FBI, bringing the Dick Wolf created drama up to a full 22-episode season. The show haws ranked as CBS’ most watched new series of the season, and the second most watched new show of Fall.
- THE OSLO KILLING | Distributed by DRG
Log Line: Examines an unsolved crime, the murder of Anni Nielsen Iranzo, that spans four decades and crosses several countries. The series follows Anni’s daughter Maria’s emotional journey across the world, from her home in Argentina, to reveal the truth and find justice for her mother once and for all.
- DRG is partnered with Sundance Now (owned by AMC Networks) to co-produce the 6×60 true crime series.
- Norway’s largest production company Monster is taking the lead, with input from Discovery Networks Norway.
- AMC Networks has taken the US, Canadian, UK, Irish, and German-speaking European territories off the table
- Launches 2019