AMERICA’S GOT TALENT drops to season low but still dominates primetime; Fox Sports set to premiere first ever daily sports betting show; Facebook Watch launches internationally today
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.5/6||0.9/5||0.5/2||0.5/2||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||8.41||3.56||4.99||1.52||0.69|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Tuesday, August 28, 2018
|8 p.m.||America’s Got Talent (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.8/8||10.64|
|Bachelor in Paradise (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.1/5||4.15|
|NCIS (CBS) – R||0.5/2||5.77|
|Beat Shazam (FOX) – R||0.5/2||1.74|
|The Flash (The CW) – R||0.2/1||0.71|
|9 p.m.||Bull (CBS) – R||0.5/2||4.66|
|Love Connection (FOX) – R||0.4/2||1.29|
|The Outpost (The CW)||0.2/1||0.66|
|10 p.m.||Making It (NBC)||0.8/4||3.95|
|NCIS: New Orleans (CBS) – R||0.5/2||4.53|
- Only a few news shows aired last night in primetime, with AMERICA’S GOT TALENT earning the paradoxical honors of both leading the night and hitting a new season low. The variety show scored a 1.8 among 18-49s last night, falling three-tenths from its final 2.1 rating last night, but coming out nearly a point or more ahead of the rest of the Tuesday pack. MAKING IT also fell, dropping two tenths to 0.8 last night. However, it grabbed its largest audience in three weeks,at 3.95 million.
- ABC had a steady night; BACHELOR IN PARADISE came in second behind AGT, earning a 1.1 and even with last week. Later on CASTAWAYS has seemed to settle into a 0.5 groove.
- Only the CW had original scripted programming last night. THE OUTPOST bounced back up to 0.2 after dropping to 0.1 last week. While the show hasn’t performed as well as the network hoped, the ratings and viewership are still in line for similar fare on the channel last summer.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Monday, August 27, 2018
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||8:00 PM||3,076||1.0|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||9:00 PM||2,927||1.0|
|LOVE & HIP HOP HOLLYWOOD||VH1||8:00 PM||1,870||0.9|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||10:00 PM||2,630||0.9|
|STREET OUTLAWS||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,820||0.7|
|TEEN MOM II S8B REUNION||MTV||9:00 PM||1,044||0.6|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OC||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,497||0.5|
|DIESEL BROTHERS||DISCOVERY||10:01 PM||1,221||0.5|
|FLORIBAMA SHORE||MTV||10:01 PM||716||0.4|
|BETTER CALL SAUL||AMC||9:00 PM||1,529||0.4|
|AMERICAN PICKERS||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,999||0.4|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||3,280||0.3|
|COUNTING ON||TLC||9:00 PM||1,295||0.3|
|EVIL LIVES HERE||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,154||0.3|
|AMERICAN PICKERS||HISTORY||10:03 PM||1,472||0.3|
|KIDS BAKING CHAMP||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,110||0.3|
|CUOMO PRIME TIME||CNN||9:00 PM||1,427||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,739||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,585||0.3|
|ANDERSON COOPER 360||CNN||8:00 PM||1,386||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,543||0.2|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,283||0.2|
|CNN TONIGHT||CNN||10:00 PM||1,270||0.2|
|LAST WORD W/L. ODONNELL||MSNBC||10:00 PM||2,441||0.2|
|FIVE, THE||FOX NEWS||5:00 PM||2,072||0.2|
- WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW held onto the top spots of the cable ratings yet again this week, despite slipping one-tenth from its previous 1.1 peak rating to a 1.0 peak across its 3-hour long broadcast. VH1’s LOVE & HIP HOP: HOLLYWOOD (0.9) landed in the top 3 as well, but was similarly down one-tenth from the 1.0 it had scored a week ago.
- AMC’s BETTER CALL SAUL maintained a 0.4 for the third week in a row, and was up slightly in total viewers from 1.51 to 1.53 million.
- Bravo’s REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY held steady with a 0.5, while part 2 of the TEEN MOM II (0.6) reunion special fell one-tenth from the 0.7 of its last episode. Elsewhere, the Discovery Channel’s STREET OUTLAWS ticked up one-tenth to a 0.7, while DIESEL BROTHERS maintained a 0.5.
- PROJECTS GREENLIT/ORDERED:
- LOCK IT IN | Fox Sports | FS1 | Premieres 10 September
Log line: Aims to make the avid sports fan smarter and more informed about the world of sports betting. The weekday show stars an eclectic cast of entertaining, sports-obsessed minds that want to make watching that night’s games as entertaining as possible. While fans tune in to see what the experts are saying – and who they are putting their hypothetical money on – they will also get smarter about the biggest sports stories of the day.
- First linear TV show dedicated to sports betting
- Hosted by Rachel Bonnetta (Fox Sports), Clay Travis (radio host), and Todd Fuhrman (oddsmaker)
- BUSINESS BRIEFS:
- One year after launching in the US, Facebook has unveiled Watch internationally. The service is now available everywhere, in addition to an expansion of its Ad Breaks service, which adds a monetization component to companies’ videos posted on the channel. Ad Breaks roll out for Australia is due Thursday.