BACHELOR IN PARADISE stays on top of Mondays; NBC rolls out first 9 minutes of new series MANIFEST, hoping to stir up more advance buzz
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.0/5||1.0/5||0.6/3||0.5/2||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||4.92||3.87||2.67||3.33||1.32|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – August 27, 2018
|8 p.m.||Bachelor in Paradise (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.2/6||4.59|
|American Ninja Warrior (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.1/5||5.81|
|Mom (CBS) – R||0.6/3||4.06|
|So You Think You Can Dance (FOX) (8-10 p.m.)||0.6/3||2.67|
|Penn & Teller: Fool Us (The CW)||0.3/1||1.55|
|8:30 p.m.||Life in Pieces (CBS) – R||0.4/2||3.12|
|9 p.m.||Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW)||0.3/1||1.23|
|9:30 p.m.||Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW) – R||0.3/1||1.19|
|10 p.m.||America’s Got Talent (NBC) – R||0.6/3||3.14|
|The Proposal (ABC) – F||0.5/2||2.42|
- BACHELOR IN PARADISE on ABC continued to top Monday primetime, despite falling a tenth against itself week to week. This time around, the dating show scored a 1.2 among 18-49s and brought in 4.59 million viewers. The season finale of PROPOSAL closed out the night, steady with a 0.5 rating.
- NBC’s AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR followed closely behind Bachelor, rising a tenth from last week to earn a 1.1 last night. A rerun of AMERICA’S GOT TALENT earned a 0.6, the same as a rerun for AGT put up last week.
- CBS had a most steady night; SALVATION maintained its usual 0.3, while ELEMENTARY bounced back up a tenth to 0.4, in line with its season average. Fox had a similar story, with SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE scoring a 0.6 last night, even with its average and up a tenth from its brief dip last week.
- On CW, PENN & TELLER FOOL US posted its usual 0.3, as did back-to-back episodes of WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Sunday, August 26, 2018
|90 DAY FIANCE: BEFORE 90||TLC||8:00 PM||2,262||0.8|
|FEAR THE WALKING DEAD||AMC||9:00 PM||1,827||0.6|
|SHARP OBJECTS||HBO||9:03 PM||1,755||0.5|
|ALASKAN BUSH PEOPLE||DISCOVERY||9:01 PM||2,373||0.5|
|KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS||E!||9:00 PM||1,030||0.5|
|BASKETBALL WIVES||VH1||10:00 PM||1,066||0.5|
|ISLAND LIFE||HOME||10:00 PM||1,890||0.4|
|ISLAND LIFE||HOME||10:30 PM||1,834||0.4|
|WORST COOKS||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,262||0.4|
|CARIBBEAN LIFE||HOME||9:00 PM||1,700||0.4|
|BEACHFRONT BARGAIN HUNT||HOME||8:00 PM||1,721||0.3|
|ON THE CASE WITH PZ||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,348||0.3|
|ALASKAN BUSH PEOPLE SPC||DISCOVERY||8:00 PM||1,707||0.3|
|BEACHFRONT BARGAIN HUNT||HOME||8:30 PM||1,707||0.3|
|CARIBBEAN LIFE||HOME||9:30 PM||1,750||0.3|
|BAR RESCUE||PARAMOUNT||10:00 PM||710||0.3|
|THE BLIND SIDE||HBO||6:43 PM||885||0.3|
|SHORING THE HOUSE||HOME||2:00 PM||1,229||0.3|
|MLB SUNDAY NIGHT||ESPN||8:00 PM||1,415||0.3|
|90 DAY FIANCE BT90D: MORE||TLC||7:00 PM||895||0.3|
- TLC’s 90 DAY FIANCE: BEFORE THE 90 DAYS claimed the top spot of the night, holding steady with another 0.8. AMC’s FEAR THE WALKING DEAD followed behind with a 0.6, while the top three was closed out by POWER on Starz, similarly earning a 0.6.
- The series finale of HBO’s SHARP OBJECTS closed out its run by hitting an all-time high. The Amy Adams-led drama scored a 0.5 rating in adults 18-49 with 1.76 million viewers, not only up a tenth from its last episode, but also making it the show’s most-watched installment. It was followed by BALLERS, which maintained the same 0.4 it had scored the week before. INSECURE meanwhile, hit a season-high by ticking up one-tenth from a 0.3 to a 0.4.
- Following its season premiere, the Discovery Channel’s “Alaskan Bush People” fell three-tenths from a 0.8 to a 0.5.
- DEVELOPMENT NEWS:
- According to John Goodman, Roseanne Barr’s title character will be killed off this fall in the upcoming THE CONNORS spin-off. So not only did Roseanne commit career suicide, but now her character will be six feet under as well. Ironic, considering it was Goodman’s character Dan that was killed off in the original version of Roseanne.
- I’ve attached a poster for the reboot of MAGNUM PI that I drove by yesterday. Maybe you see it differently, but all I could wonder was, “How many people are walking past this and any other advertising for this show, asking, ‘Where the fuck is the mustache??’”
- And in “smarter marketing rollout” maneuvers, check out the first act of NBC’s new sci-fi mystery drama MANIFEST HERE. In advance of the series premiere next month, NBC is hoping to hook in viewers by releasing the entire first act (including its hair-raising twist) across all NBCUniversal’s Cross Company Partners digital platforms today.
- PROJECTS GREENLIT/ORDERED:
- PAID OFF WITH MICHAEL TORPEY | Cowboy Bear Ninja | TruTV | 16-episode extension
Log Line: Aims to raise awareness of the issue of student debt in the U.S. Each episode features three college grads, all saddled with student debt, who must test the depth of their degrees with fun, fast-paced trivia questions. The winner gets the chance to win the exact amount of their debt in cash.
- New episodes will premiere in the fall during the show’s current time slot (Tues/10pm)
- Currently casting for fall season