NFL Preseason leads primetime, but BIG BROTHER is close on its heels; Fox releases first look of INSIDE THE MANSON CULT: THE LOST TAPES
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.4/6||0.9/5||0.7/3||0.7/3|
|Total Viewers (millions)||6.39||5.02||4.79||1.82|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Sunday, August 26, 2018
|7 p.m.||Dateline (NBC)||1.0/5||5.77|
|Bob’s Burgers (FOX) – R||1.0/5||3.18|
|America’s Funniest Home Videos (ABC) – R||0.8/4||4.74|
|60 Minutes (CBS)||0.6/3||7.25|
|7:30 p.m.||The Simpsons (FOX) – R||0.6/3||1.57|
|8 p.m.||NFL Preseason (NBC) (8-11 p.m.)||1.6/7||6.6|
|Big Brother (CBS)||1.5/7||5.66|
|Celebrity Family Feud (ABC)||1.1/5||6.33|
|The Simpsons (FOX) – R||0.7/3||1.71|
|8:30 p.m.||Bob’s Burgers (FOX) – R||0.6/3||1.47|
|9 p.m.||The $100,000 Pyramid (ABC)||0.9/4||5.13|
|Family Guy (FOX) – R||0.6/3||1.46|
|Bull (CBS) – R||0.4/2||3.15|
|9:30 p.m.||Family Guy (FOX) – R||0.6/3||1.57|
|10 p.m.||To Tell the Truth (ABC) – F||0.8/4||3.87|
|NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) – R||0.3/2||3.11|
- NBC’s broadcast of the Cardinals vs the Cowboys NFL preseason game gave it the win in the Sunday night primetime ratings, averaging a 1.6 rating in adults 18-49 with 6.60 million viewers. However, the rating dropped off precipitously in the 10pm hour, down from 1.7 during 9-10pm to a 1.3. The game followed a new installment of DATELINE, which earned a 1.0.
- Despite facing live sports coverage, ABC’s Sunday night game shows all posted positive gains from their previous episodes. BOTH CELEBRITY FAMILY FEUD (1.1) and THE $100,000 PYRAMID (0.9) ticked up a tenth, while the season finale of TO TELL THE TRUTH was up two-tenths from the 0.6 it had scored a week ago to a 0.8.
- On CBS, BIG BROTHER came in as the second-highest rated broadcast of the night, scoring a 1.5 and 5.66 million viewers, but was down a tenth from its 1.6 last Sunday.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Thursday, August 23, 2018
|JERSEY SHORE FAM VACAY||MTV||8:59 PM||1,359||0.8|
|JERSEY SHORE FAM VACAY||MTV||8:00 PM||1,360||0.8|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||3,674||0.4|
|IMPRACTICAL JOKERS||TRUTV||10:00 PM||747||0.4|
|QUEEN OF THE SOUTH||USA||9:00 PM||1,135||0.4|
|FLIP OR FLOP||HOME||9:00 PM||1,597||0.4|
|CUOMO PRIME TIME||CNN||9:00 PM||1,601||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS FAMILY||HOME||10:00 PM||1,581||0.3|
|CNN TONIGHT||CNN||10:00 PM||1,463||0.3|
|GREAT FOOD TRUCK RACE||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,106||0.3|
|IJ: AFTER PARTY||TRUTV||10:30 PM||561||0.3|
|SOMEONE THOUGHT YOU KNEW||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,172||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,430||0.3|
|LAST WORD W/L. ODONNELL||MSNBC||10:00 PM||2,774||0.3|
|NIGHTWATCH NATION||A&E||10:01 PM||1,002||0.3|
|ANDERSON COOPER 360||CNN||8:00 PM||1,477||0.3|
|BEAT B.FLAY||FOOD||10:00 PM||865||0.3|
|MOUNTAIN MEN||HISTORY||9:00 PM||2,141||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||2,935||0.3|
|THE FIRST 48||A&E||9:00 PM||886||0.3|
|SHAHS OF SUNSET||BRAVO||9:00 PM||852||0.3|
|LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES||ESPN||7:00 PM||1,376||0.3|
|CNN TONIGHT||CNN||11:00 PM||1,222||0.3|
|ERIN BURNETT OUTFRONT||CNN||7:00 PM||1,178||0.2|
- The 2-part season 2 premiere of MTV’s “Jersey Shore: Family Vacation” won the top spot in the Thursday cable ratings, with a pair of 0.8s. However, despite winning the night, this was down considerably from the 1.5 and 1.4s of its series premiere back in April, and down a tenth from the 0.9 season one finale in June.
- Rachel Maddow continues to fly high on cable ratings, this time climbing up to the number three spot on the list, earning a 0.4 and around 3.7 million viewers.
- Elsewhere, USA’s QUEEN OF THE SOUTH continued its 0.4 streak. FX’s SNOWFALL similarly maintained a 0.4, but was down again in total viewers from its previous 923,000 to 822,000 this time around.
- PROJECTS GREENLIT/ORDERED:
- Fox has released a 30-second first look of INSIDE THE MANSON CULT: THE LOST TAPES – it continues to look incredibly creepy. Check it out HERE. The 2-hour docu-special airs 17 September in the US on Fox.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS:
- Great article in Wired breaking down the future of US television and wanted to pass it along. Cleverly titled, The Future of Television is…More Television, the quote that stuck out most to me was this, “According to Nielsen, American adults spent 45 minutes a day on social networking, down slightly from six months earlier; they also spent 25 minutes a day watching video on their phones, tablets, and computers. By contrast, they spent 4 hours and 46 minutes a day watching TV, which was up 21 minutes per day from six months earlier.”