BACHELOR IN PARADISE tops Monday; PENN & TELLER scores season high rating; Netflix expands on motor programming; Ian Ziering shopping festival docuseries
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.0/5||1.0/5||0.6/3||0.5/2||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||4.93||3.86||2.55||3.41||1.42|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Monday, August 13, 2018
|8 p.m.||Bachelor in Paradise (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.3/6||4.53|
|American Ninja Warrior (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.0/5||5.22|
|Mom (CBS) – R||0.6/3||4.2|
|So You Think You Can Dance (FOX) (8-10 p.m.)||0.6/3||2.55|
|Penn & Teller: Fool Us (The CW)||0.5/2||1.74|
|8:30 p.m.||Life in Pieces (CBS) – R||0.5/2||3.28|
|9 p.m.||Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW)||0.4/2||1.33|
|9:30 p.m.||Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW) – R||0.4/2||1.19|
|10 p.m.||Dateline (NBC)||0.8/4||4.36|
|The Proposal (ABC)||0.6/3||2.52|
- NBC led the broadcast pack overall last night, maintaining a 1.0 average most of the night. AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR held steady with a 1.0 among adults 18-49 in the 8-10pm hours, followed up by DATELINE at 0.8.
- On ABC, BACHELOR IN PARADISE rose two tenths from its Tuesday debut last week, earning a 1.3 and bringing in 4.53 million viewers, while THE PROPOSAL returned after a week off, even at 0.6 this time around.
- CW showed the biggest week over week improvement, PENN & TELLER: FOOL US scored a season high 0.5, two tenths above its usual 0.3 rating, and WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? also rose by two tenths, garnering a 0.4 rating and a season high viewership of 1.33 million.
- Fox and CBS both had fairly steady nights; SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE on Fox earned its usual 0.6 in 18-49s, while both SALVATION (0.3) and ELEMENTARY (0.4) were even for CBS.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – August 12, 2018
|FEAR THE WALKING DEAD||AMC||9:00 PM||1,878||0.7|
|90 DAY FIANCE: BEFORE 90||TLC||8:00 PM||1,996||0.6|
|KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS||E!||9:00 PM||1,273||0.6|
|MLB SUNDAY NIGHT L||ESPN||8:00 PM||1,949||0.5|
|BASKETBALL WIVES||VH1||10:00 PM||904||0.4|
|NASCAR CUP SERIES RACE||NBC SPORTS||2:54 PM||2,540||0.4|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF POTOMAC||BRAVO||8:00 PM||1,068||0.4|
|NAKED AND AFRAID||DISCOVERY||9:01 PM||1,268||0.4|
|ISLAND LIFE||HOME||10:00 PM||1,939||0.4|
|CARIBBEAN LIFE||HOME||9:30 PM||1,767||0.4|
|BEACHFRONT BARGAIN HUNT||HOME||8:30 PM||1,681||0.4|
|CARIBBEAN LIFE||HOME||9:00 PM||1,693||0.4|
|WORST COOKS||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,287||0.4|
|PGA CHAMPIONSHIP||TNT||11:00 AM||1,894||0.3|
|BEACHFRONT BARGAIN HUNT||HOME||8:00 PM||1,615||0.3|
|ISLAND LIFE||HOME||10:30 PM||1,785||0.3|
|LAST WEEK TONIGHT||HBO||11:10 PM||1,028||0.3|
|VENTURE BROTHERS||ADULT||12:00 AM||672||0.3|
|SHARP OBJECTS||HBO||9:02 PM||1,131||0.3|
- AMC’s FEAR THE WALKING DEAD made its midseason premiere Sunday night and scored a 0.7 rating in adults 18-49, the same as what its midseason finale had scored back in June. Following its own premiere last week, E!’s KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS was steady with another 0.6, as was Starz’s POWER (0.6). However, it was TLC’s 90 DAY FIANCE: BEFORE 90 that rose to the number two position, also earning a 0.6, but bringing in just under 2 million viewers, far ahead of POWER’s 1.4 million strong audience and KARDASHIANS’1.3 million eyeballs.
- On HBO, the season 4 premiere of BALLERS grabbed a 0.5 with 1.05 million viewers, up a tenth from its third season finale last year, but far down from the 1.2 it earned for its season 3 premiere (well, that’s what a GAME OF THRONES lead in will do for a show). SHARP OBJECTS was steady with another 0.3, while the INSECURE season 3 premiere landed just outside of the top 25 with a 0.3 as well, down one-tenth from its season 2 finale.
- TNT’s CLAWS ticked up a tenth from its previous 0.4 to a 0.5 with 1.48 million viewers.
- DEVELOPMENT NEWS:
- FESTIVAL CRUSADER | Hyperdrive Entertainment, Happy Trails Productions, Synergy Management, iMan Productions | Package by Rebel Entertainment Partners
Log Line: Follows Ian Ziering (Sharknado) as he travels across America and around the globe to uncover which festivals are all the rage, and discover how the human interaction at these gatherings is so desirable in today’s isolating and increasingly digital environment. The series will track Ziering’s adventures and interactions as he throws himself into festivals of all descriptions – a Viking battle in Norway; a UFO celebration in Roswell; a drenching of rainbow colored dye in India; a pyro festival in Mexico; the annual redneck games in rural Pennsylvania; and more.
- Currently being shopped to SVOD and OTT platforms; no deals yet in place
- PROJECTS GREENLIT/ORDERED:
- DR. PIMPLE POPPER, the immensely satisfying (or skin-crawlingly gross, depending on your perspective) TLC reality show has been renewed for a second season just ahead of its season 1 finale. The show has maintained its #1 rating among 25-54 women in its timeslot all season, and has been climbing as high as #1 in overall cable ratings as of late. For reference, check out the YouTube videos of Dr. Sandra Lee aka Dr. Pimple Popper HERE (REMINDER: these are gross. Seriously.)
- Netflix is building out its motor-related programming, renewing one program for a second season and ordering two more. Details below:
- FASTEST CAR | Condé Nast Productions | 7×60, Season 2 | 2019 launch
Log line: Three souped-up “sleeper” cars, tinkered with and lovingly labored on, go head to head with one of the world’s most sought-after supercars.
- CAR MASTERS: RUST TO RICHES | MAK Pictures | 8×60 | 18 September 2018
Log line: What does it take to turn $1000 into $100,000? Mark Towle and his team at Gotham Garage have perfected the upgrade and trade model, using sweat equity and sheer car genius to turn rusty wrecks into six-figure paydays.
- HYPERDRIVE | Whalerock Industries, Denver & Delilah Productions | 10×60 | 2019 Launch
Log line: A high-stakes tournament series where daring drivers from across the globe compete for the glory on one of the largest automotive obstacle courses ever constructed.
- Charlize Theron executive produces
- Currently filming in Rochester, NY