MAKING IT starts strong for NBC; Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV & Hillary Clinton team on TV series based on women’s suffrage in the US
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.7/8||0.6/3||0.4/2||0.4/2||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||9.52||1.97||4.56||1.91||0.77|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Tuesday, July 31, 2018
|8 p.m.||America’s Got Talent (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||2.1/9||11.62|
|Beat Shazam (FOX)||0.7/3||2.33|
|NCIS (CBS) – R||0.5/2||5.01|
|Splitting Up Together (ABC) – R||0.5/2||2.54|
|The 100 (The CW)||0.3/1||0.9|
|8:30 p.m.||Splitting Up Together (ABC) – R||0.4/2||1.97|
|9 p.m.||Bull (CBS) – R||0.4/2||4.29|
|Splitting Up Together (ABC) – R||0.4/2||1.81|
|Love Connection (FOX)||0.4/2||1.6|
|The Outpost (The CW)||0.2/1||0.64|
|9:30 p.m.||Splitting Up Together (ABC) – R||0.4/2||1.72|
|10 p.m.||Making It (NBC)||1.1/5||5.33|
|NCIS: New Orleans (CBS) – R||0.4/2||4.39|
|Splitting Up Together (ABC) – R||0.4/2||1.67|
|10:30 p.m.||Splitting Up Together (ABC) – R||0.4/2||1.76|
- As usual, it was NBC that dominated another summer Tuesday night, with AMERICA’S GOT TALENT easily taking the top spot at 2.1 among 18-49s, up a tenth from last week and a slight increase in total audience size from 11.52 million to 11.62 million.
- However, the real story of the night was the premiere of Nick Offerman and Amy Poehler’s new crafting competition show MAKING IT. The premiere raked in a 1.1 among adults 18-49, admittedly down from WORLD OF DANCE’s average of 1.2 (which airs in the same time slot), but tied Fox’s 24 HOURS TO HELL AND BACK for the best summer premiere of 2018, and the most watched, at 5.33 million.
- On Fox, BEAT SHAZAM maintained its usual 0.7 rating while LOVE CONNECTION dropped another tenth, down to 0.4 this week, with 12% shrinkage in the audience.
- THE 100 on CW posted its usual 0.3 and THE OUTPOST bounced back up to 0.2 this week.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Monday, July 30, 2018
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||9:00 PM||3,012||1.0|
|LOVE AND HIP HOP HOLLYWOOD||VH1||8:00 PM||1,992||1.0|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||10:00 PM||2,815||1.0|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||8:00 PM||2,875||1.0|
|TEEN MOM II||MTV||9:00 PM||1,416||0.8|
|BASKETBALL WIVES||VH1||9:01 PM||1,586||0.7|
|STREET OUTLAWS||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,905||0.7|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OC||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,412||0.5|
|DIESEL BROTHERS||DISCOVERY||10:01 PM||1,271||0.5|
|FLORIBAMA SHORE||MTV||10:01 PM||844||0.5|
|AMERICAN PICKERS||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,911||0.3|
|LOVE IT OR LIST IT||HOME||9:00 PM||1,442||0.3|
|LOUD HOUSE||NICKELODEON||5:00 PM||1,465||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,591||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS FAMILY||HOME||10:00 PM||1,509||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,492||0.3|
|COUNTING ON: N/A||TLC||9:00 PM||1,126||0.3|
|DAILY SHOW||COMEDY||11:00 PM||901||0.3|
|REST IN POWER: TRAYVON||BET||10:00 PM||743||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||2,884||0.2|
|MLB MON NIGHT – EARLY L||ESPN||7:00 PM||986||0.2|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,562||0.2|
|LAST 24, THE||INVEST||8:00 PM||891||0.2|
|CNN TONIGHT||CNN||10:00 PM||993||0.2|
- MONDAY NIGHT RAW on USA climbed back into the top slots on Monday night, taking the number 1, 3, and 4 positions on the list. The 3-hour broadcast maintained a 1.0 throughout the night and averaged an audience of 2.9 million.
- VH1’s LOVE AND HIP HOP: HOLLYWOOD moved into the second-highest spot of the night, ticking up a tenth from its premiere rating of 1.0, up to 1.1 this time around.
- On MTV, TEEN MOM II ticked up a tenth to a 0.8, and FLORIBAMA SHORE held steady with another 0.5. Bravo’s REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY similarly maintained another 0.5, while VH1’s BASKETBALL WIVES returned from a week off with a 0.7, down from its last episode’s 0.8.
- DEVELOPMENT NEWS:
- Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV and Hillary Clinton have optioned the rights to the non-fiction book THE HOUR: THE GREAT FIGHT TO WIN THE VOTE to develop into a television series. The book, written by Elaine Weiss and published in March by Penguin Random House, chronicles the decades-long fight by activists to ratify the 19th Amendment granting women the right to vote. Clinton will executive produce with Amblin TV and Weiss.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS:
- In an effort to boost subscribers, Showtime has launched a summer initiative giving first time customers an intro rate of $4.99/month for the first three months, a 60% savings before rolling to its regular $10.99/month rate. The initiative comes a month before the channel kicks off its Fall comedy lineup of SHAMELESS (Season 9) and new entry KIDDING, starring Jim Carrey and Katherine Keener.