BIG BROTHER scores highest marks of the season; Bristol Palin signs on to TEEN MOM OG; First look at SyFy’s NIGHTFLYERS from George R.R. Martin
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.0/5||0.9/5||0.6/3||0.5/2||0.1/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||5.1||2.83||3.06||2.82||0.56|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Thursday, July 19, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – R||1.0/5||6.05|
|The Four: Battle for Stardom (FOX) (8-10 p.m.)||0.9/5||2.83|
|Ellen’s Game of Games (NBC) – R||0.7/3||3.7|
|Take Two (ABC)||0.4/2||3.11|
|Supernatural (The CW) – R||0.1/1||0.63|
|8:30 p.m.||Young Sheldon (CBS) – R||0.9/5||5.51|
|9 p.m.||Big Brother (CBS)||1.6/7||5.56|
|Match Game (ABC)||0.6/3||2.97|
|Trial and Error (NBC) – P||0.6/3||3.26|
|Black Lightning (The CW) – R||0.1/1||0.49|
|9:30 p.m.||Trial and Error (NBC)||0.5/2||2.69|
|10 p.m.||SWAT (CBS) – R||0.5/2||3.3|
|Law & Order: SVU (NBC) – R||0.5/2||2.59|
|The Gong Show (ABC)||0.5/2||2.38|
- BIG BROTHER has continued its improved march to victory in ratings once again this week. The show ticked up a tenth to 1.6 over last week’s 1.5 and improved overall audience by 6%, giving the series its best performing episode so far this season.
- On Fox, THE FOUR maintained its 0.9 preliminary rating (and up a tenth from its final 0.8 rating last week). If the number holds, it will also achieve its highest rating so far this season.
- On NBC, TRIAL & ERROR made its debut in back-to-back episodes, earning a 0.6/0.5, down from its season one 0.9 average, but with a drop to be expected, as season one aired during spring and season two is more in line with typical summer season averages.
- TAKE TWO (0.4) and THE GONG SHOW (0.5) flipped timeslots this week and each dropped a tenth; however, while Gong Show’s audience shrank by 24%, Take Two grew by 11% with the switch. MATCH GAME was even at 0.6.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Wednesday, July 18, 2018
|BLACK INK CREW CHICAGO||VH1||8:00 PM||1,026||0.5|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NYC||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,356||0.5|
|DR. PIMPLE POPPER||TLC||10:04 PM||1,825||0.5|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||3,141||0.4|
|CATFISH: THE TV SHOW||MTV||9:00 PM||690||0.4|
|FULL FRONTAL W/SAM BEE||TBS||10:30 PM||1,029||0.3|
|CATFISH: TROLLS||MTV||10:01 PM||569||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,583||0.3|
|PROP BROS BUY AND SELL||HOME||9:00 PM||1,588||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,594||0.3|
|HIP HOP SQUARES||VH1||9:01 PM||641||0.3|
|HIP HOP SQUARES||VH1||9:31 PM||619||0.3|
|DAILY SHOW||COMEDY||11:00 PM||888||0.3|
|OZZY AND JACKS WORLD DETOUR||A&E||9:00 PM||766||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,136||0.3|
|LAST WORD W/L. ODONNELL||MSNBC||10:00 PM||2,689||0.3|
|REASONABLE DOUBT||INVEST||10:00 PM||944||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,643||0.3|
|INGRAHAM ANGLE, THE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||2,647||0.2|
|ANDERSON COOPER 360||CNN||8:00 PM||1,209||0.2|
|CUOMO PRIME TIME||CNN||9:00 PM||1,185||0.2|
|MISFIT GARAGE||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||884||0.2|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||657||0.2|
- VH1’s BLACK INK CREW CHICAGO held onto the top spot of the night yet again, despite similarly ticking down a tenth to a 0.5. Bravo’s REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NYC followed closely behind it, and rose one-tenth from a 0.4 to a 0.5 this time around. Once again climbing high in the summer cable ratings, DR. PIMPLE POPPER on TLC rounded out the top three, also with a 0.5.
- After ticking back up the week before, the Paramount Network’s YELLOWSTONE took a minor hit again in the Wednesday cable ratings this week. The Kevin Costner-led series scored a 0.3 rating in adults 18-49 with 1.89 million viewers, down a tenth from the 0.4 it had scored last week.
- Bit of a slow Friday for Hollywood (guess the break in the heat got everyone out of the office today), so only a few highlights for today:
- This isn’t a stateside project, but interesting nonetheless: BBC has ordered JACK THE RIPPER (w/t) from BBC Studios, a one-hour special that will look at the murder of five women from the East End of London in 1888, while using modern cold-crime forensic and investigative techniques to search for the identity of the Ripper himself. Actress Emilia Fox will host the special, which is being slated to air late this year.
- Bristol Palin, hypocritical abstinence-only advocate, and most famous for being pregnant as a teenager while her mother, Sarah Palin, bumbled through the 2008 campaign, has signed on to MTV’s TEEN MOM OG series and will be featured in the upcoming season. Cool, now I know what not to watch.
- A few videos to round out the week:
- A first look at NIGHTFLYERS, the George R.R. Martin sci-fi horror commissioned by SyFy. For a SyFy show (which typically has pretty low budgets), the production quality is excellent, and the trailer creeped me out – in a good way. See it HERE
- If you haven’t been watching comedian Michelle Wolf’s THE BREAK on Netflix, now would be a good time to start. Check out the sharply satirical commercial Wolf put out for the controversial Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, titled “ICE IS.” Hits the nail on the head; check it out HERE