MLB ALL STAR GAME down year-to-year; AGT easily wins overall in audience for the night; Fox releases first teaser for LAST MAN STANDING
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||2.1/9||1.8/8||0.5/2||0.5/2||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||8.34||9.45||4.77||1.95||0.86|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Tuesday, July 17, 2018
|8 p.m.||America’s Got Talent (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||2.1/9||11.18|
|MLB All-Star Game (FOX) (8-11 p.m.)||2.1/9||8.34|
|NCIS (CBS) – R||0.6/3||5.48|
|The Middle (ABC) – R||0.6/3||2.75|
|The 100 (The CW)||0.2/1||0.86|
|8:30 p.m.||The Middle (ABC) – R||0.5/2||2.07|
|9 p.m.||Bull (CBS) – R||0.5/2||4.4|
|Black-ish (ABC) – R||0.4/2||1.7|
|The Outpost (The CW)||0.2/1||0.65|
|9:30 p.m.||Black-ish (ABC) – R||0.4/2||1.63|
|10 p.m.||World of Dance (NBC)||1.3/6||6|
|NCIS: New Orleans (CBS) – R||0.4/2||4.41|
|The Last Defense (ABC)||0.4/2||1.62|
- Fox scored a rare win over the other broadcast networks for a Tuesday night, thanks to the annual MLB ALL STAR GAME. The game earned a 2.1 throughout the night, down two tenths from last year, and 8.34 million viewers a small dip from 2017 (8.6 million).
- However, AMERICA’S GOT TALENT trounced the baseball game in viewers (same as last year). The NBC show also grabbed a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49, but with a total audience of 11.18 million (slightly down from last week’s audience size of 11.35 million). WORLD OF DANCE followed up with a 1.3, even with last week and 6 million people watching.
- Elsewhere on broadcast, the CW put up a point of 0.2s for the night; THE 100 was off a tenth from last week, with THE OUTPOST held steady.
- On ABC, THE LAST DEFENSE dropped a tenth to 0.4 this week around.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – July 16, 2018
|HOME RUN DERBY L||ESPN||8:00 PM||5,567||1.8|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||8:00 PM||3,118||1.0|
|LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA||VH1||8:00 PM||2,048||1.0|
|MLB CELEBRITY SOFTBALL||ESPN||10:32 PM||2,542||1.0|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||9:00 PM||2,859||1.0|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||10:00 PM||2,622||0.9|
|BASKETBALL WIVES||VH1||9:01 PM||1,666||0.8|
|STREET OUTLAWS||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,837||0.7|
|TEEN MOM II||MTV||9:00 PM||1,215||0.6|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OC||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,412||0.5|
|FLORIBAMA SHORE||MTV||10:01 PM||787||0.4|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||3,538||0.4|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,963||0.4|
|BASEBALL TONIGHT L||ESPN||7:00 PM||1,175||0.4|
|ANDERSON COOPER 360||CNN||8:00 PM||1,711||0.4|
|AMERICAN CHOPPER||DISCOVERY||10:00 PM||1,151||0.4|
|CUOMO PRIME TIME||CNN||9:00 PM||1,848||0.4|
|CNN TONIGHT||CNN||10:00 PM||1,696||0.4|
|LOVE IT OR LIST IT||HOME||9:00 PM||1,525||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||3,219||0.3|
|LAST WORD W/L. ODONNELL||MSNBC||10:00 PM||2,984||0.3|
|ERIN BURNETT OUTFRONT||CNN||7:00 PM||1,353||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER LATE L||ESPN||11:31 PM||775||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,582||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,559||0.3|
- ESPN easily topped Monday cable ratings with its broadcast of the HOME RUN DERBY. The annual special event put on by MLB earned a 1.8 in 18-49s, significantly higher than anything else on cable, but noticeably down against itself year-to-year. The 2017 Derby drew a 2.6, eight tenths above the 2018 audience.
- The top five was rounded out by a slew of shows earning a 1.0 ratings, with WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW peaking at 1.0 throughout its 3-hour broadcast, up two tenths week-to-week. LOVE AND HIP HOP: ATLANTA was down a tenth, while an ESPN special of CELEBRITY SOFTBALL took the number 4 spot.
- Following its premiere last week, FLORIBAMA SHORE dropped a tenth to 0.4 this week around.
- Fox has released its first teaser for LAST MAN STANDING, since it made a deal to bring the defunct sitcom over from ABC. Check it out HERE