BACHELORETTE continues to dominate Mondays despite week-to-week losses in rating; Netflix picks up two series
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.1/5||0.7/3||0.6/3||0.5/2||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||4.66||3.22||2.28||3.7||1.2|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Monday, July 2, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Bachelorette (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.2/6||5.22|
|Mom (CBS) – R||0.6/3||4.29|
|Running Wild with Bear Grylls (NBC)||0.6/3||3.18|
|So You Think You Can Dance (FOX) – R||0.6/3||2.27|
|Penn & Teller: Fool Us (The CW)||0.3/1||1.31|
|8:30 p.m.||Man with a Plan (CBS) – R||0.6/3||3.91|
|9 p.m.||American Ninja Warrior (NBC) (9-11 p.m.) – R||0.7/3||3.24|
|9-1-1 (FOX) – R||0.5/2||2.29|
|Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW)||0.3/1||1.11|
|9:30 p.m.||Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW) – R||0.3/1||1.06|
|10 p.m.||The Proposal (ABC)||0.7/3||3.46|
- Monday was another sleepy night on broadcast leading into a holiday week. ABC’s BACHELORETTE came out on top for the night, earning the only rating over 1.0. Its 1.2 among adults 18-49 was down two tenths week-to-week, while THE PROPOSAL dipped a tenth to 0.7.
- On CBS, ELEMENTARY (0.4) was also down a tenth this week while a new SALVATION episode held on to its 0.4 rating for a second week in a row.
- NBC’s RUNNING WILD WITH BEAR GRYLLS (0.6), and CW’s summer line up of PENN & TELLER: FOOL US (0.3) and a double dose of WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? (0.3/0.3) were all even with last week.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Sunday, July 1, 2018
|MLB SUNDAY NIGHT||ESPN||8:00 PM||2,441||0.6|
|90 DAY FIANCE: HAPPILY EVER AFTER||TLC||8:00 PM||1,790||0.5|
|NAKED AND AFRAID XL||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,743||0.5|
|ROBOT CHICKEN||ADULT SWIM||11:30 PM||982||0.5|
|MEXICO LIFE||HGTV||10:00 PM||1,895||0.4|
|BEACH HUNTERS||HGTV||9:30 PM||1,762||0.4|
|MEXICO LIFE||HGTV||10:30 PM||1,740||0.4|
|NASCAR M.E. CUP RACING||NBCSN||2:41 PM||2,548||0.3|
|LAST WEEK TONIGHT||HBO||11:01 PM||1,122||0.3|
|FOOD NETWORK STAR||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,301||0.3|
|BAR RESCUE||PARAMOUNT||10:00 PM||792||0.3|
|BEACH HUNTERS||HGTV||9:00 PM||1,547||0.3|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF POTOMAC||BRAVO||8:00 PM||896||0.3|
|LAKEFRONT BARGAIN HUNT||HGTV||8:00 PM||1,443||0.3|
|MOSTLY 4 MILLENNIALS||ADULT SWIM||12:00 AM||609||0.3|
|LAKEFRONT BARGAIN HUNT||HGTV||8:30 PM||1,468||0.3|
|AMERICAN PICKERS||HISTORY||8:00 PM||1,266||0.3|
|SCENE OF THE CRIME W/TONY HARRIS||ID||10:00 PM||1,210||0.3|
|NAKED AND AFRAID XL SPECIAL||DISCOVERY||8:00 PM||995||0.3|
- Season 5 of POWER on Starz earned the top spot on cable ratings Sunday, although its audience share has shrunk from season 4. The Starz series scored a 0.6 rating among 18-49s and had 1.55 million viewers overall, a 25% dip in rating and 130k fewer viewers when compared to the Season 4 start (0.8/1.68mm viewers).
- ESPN’s primetime Major League Baseball game (Yankees-Red Sox) also scored a 0.6 and 2.44 million viewers, above its average, good enough for number two. 90 DAY FIANCE: HAPPILY EVER AFTER on TLC rounded out the top three, earning a steady 0.5 for another week in a row.
- Elsewhere on cable, recently renewed drama CLAWS on TNT scored a 0.4 for the night, while LAST WEEK TONIGHT on HBO earned a 0.3, in line with its average for the current season.
- Paramount Network has slated 30 July for the premiere of its 6-part crime and race relations docu-series REST IN POWER: THE TRAYVON MARTIN STORY. Martin was an unarmed 17-year-old African American high school student shot and killed by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch member in the same community as Martin. Zimmerman’s subsequent acquittal sparked nationwide outrage and formed the beginnings of the #BlackLivesMatter movement. The docuseries follows the same story, using family photos, interviews, and news footage to provide an intimate look at the case while addressing the significant cultural and societal issues at the heart of America’s (frankly deplorable) race relations. Check out the trailer HERE.
- A pair of orders from Netflix today:
- MONARCA | Ventanarosa Productions, Lemon Studios, Stearns Castle | 2019
Log Line: From Salma Hayek’s production company (Ventanarosa), the series is Set in the powerful world of Mexican billionaires, and is a high stakes, multi-generational family saga about a tequila-born Mexican business empire, and the battle that ensues when a member of the family decides to fight the dirty system her family helped create.
- Production set for Fall 2018 with a Q1/2 2019 targeted premiere
- Netflix, which has been scaling aggressively internationally, has prioritized LatAm as a key market for growth and has expanded on its Spanish-language offerings, with a focus on the Mexican content market.
- MIXTAPE | Annapurna Pictures, 20th Century Fox TV, Fox 21 TV Studios | 10×60
Log Line: A romantic musical drama that looks at the love stories connecting a diverse, disparate group of people in contemporary Los Angeles through the music that lives inside their hearts and minds.
- Originally produced for Fox’s 2018-19 pilot season, the show was not picked up but had enough internal support at the studio to make a concerted push for a streamer sale immediately after FBC passed.
- This is the third show originally produced for broadcast that Netflix has picked up just this season – it recently saved LUCIFER from cancelation at Fox, and is currently wrapping negotiations to continue DESIGNATED SURVIVOR after it was axed by ABC.