INSTINCT closes season on a down night; CBS to debut two new true-crime series for summer
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||0.7/3||0.6/3||0.6/3||0.5/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||3.9||4.51||3.73||1.32|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Sunday, July 1, 2018
|7 p.m.||America’s Funniest Home Videos (ABC) – R||0.7/3||4.1|
|60 Minutes (CBS)||0.6/3||6.85|
|Dateline (NBC) – R||0.5/2||3.8|
|One Strange Rock (FOX)||0.3/1||1.01|
|8 p.m.||Big Brother (CBS)||1.2/6||4.89|
|Celebrity Family Feud (ABC) – R||0.8/4||4.57|
|America’s Got Talent (NBC) (8-10 p.m.) – R||0.6/3||3.84|
|The Simpsons (FOX) – R||0.5/3||1.35|
|8:30 p.m.||Bob’s Burgers (FOX) – R||0.5/2||1.33|
|9 p.m.||The $100,000 Pyramid (ABC) – R||0.7/3||3.67|
|Family Guy (FOX) – R||0.7/3||1.64|
|Instinct (CBS) – F||0.4/2||4.46|
|9:30 p.m.||Bob’s Burgers (FOX) – R||0.7/3||1.6|
|10 p.m.||To Tell the Truth (ABC) – R||0.6/3||3.26|
|Shades of Blue (NBC)||0.5/2||3.44|
|Salvation (CBS) – R||0.2/1||1.85|
- Despite a night of game show reruns, ABC still came out on top for a sleepy Sunday night, pulling an average 0.7 in adults 18-49 across the evening.
- Only CBS had a full night of original programming; BIG BROTHER earned the highest single mark of the night, a 1.2 rating among 18-49s, still down from this time last year (-.2). INSTINCT with Alan Cumming drew its first season to a close with a 0.4, down a tenth from last week, despite the better lead-in.
- SHADES OF BLUE on NBC earned a 0.5, even with last week.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Thursday, June 28, 2018
|JERSEY SHORE FAM VACATION||MTV||8:00 PM||1,642||0.9|
|SOUTHERN CHARM||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,457||0.5|
|EX ON THE BEACH||MTV||9:02 PM||840||0.5|
|FLIP OR FLOP||HOME||9:00 PM||1,941||0.4|
|COLLEGE WORLD SERIES||ESPN2||6:30 PM||1,890||0.4|
|RUPAULS DRAG RACE||VH1||8:00 PM||838||0.4|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||3,268||0.4|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,909||0.3|
|QUEEN OF THE SOUTH||USA||9:00 PM||1,023||0.3|
|INGRAHAM ANGLE, THE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||3,349||0.3|
|DOUBLE DARE NEW||NICK-AT-NITE||8:00 PM||1,193||0.3|
|JERSEY SHORE FV: AFTER||MTV||10:03 PM||570||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,591||0.3|
|BEAT B.FLAY||FOOD||10:00 PM||1,071||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,549||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER PRIME||ESPN||10:22 PM||662||0.3|
|PAW PATROL||NICKELODEON||12:00 PM||1,299||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,416||0.3|
|PRIMAL INSTINCT||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,145||0.3|
|LIVE PD: POLICE PATROL||A&E||9:31 PM||876||0.2|
|LOUD HOUSE||NICKELODEON||7:30 PM||1,216||0.2|
|SPORTSCENTER LATE||ESPN||11:00 PM||533||0.2|
|SPECIAL RPT W/BRET BAIER||FOX NEWS||6:00 PM||2,564||0.2|
|FIVE, THE||FOX NEWS||5:00 PM||2551||0.2|
- Once again, MTV’s JERSEY SHORE: FAMILY VACATION won the day in Thursday cable ratings, but the earned 0.9 among 18-49s was a tenth down from last week. MTV also picked up a top three win with reality series EX ON THE BEACH (0.5), and Bravo’s SOUTHERN CHARM came in second, also at a 0.5 (even with last week).
- In more Viacom news, VH1’s RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE wrapped up its season with a 0.4, a tenth up from last week.
- The reboot of DOUBLE DARE on Nick-at-Nite debuted solidly (most likely on the strength of its nostalgia factor), earning a 0.3 and drawing in just under 1.2 million viewers.
- CBS is set to premiere two true-crime series for the summer, both in July. Details below:
- WHISTLEBLOWERS | CBS News for CBSTVS | TBDx60 | Premiere: 13 July
Log line: Real-life David vs. Goliath stories of heroic people who put everything on the line to expose illegal and often dangerous wrongdoing when major corporations rip off U.S. taxpayers. Hosted by Alex Ferrer (former judge and police officer).
- PINK COLLAR CRIMES | CBSTVS | TBDx60 | Premiere: 28 July
Log line: True crime series inspired by a growing crime wave in the country: felonious females. These are the impossible-to-believe, often absurd, true stories about the most unexpected women – PTA moms, country-club chairwomen, and more – who took big risks, pocketed big cash and then served hard time. Each episode includes insight and analysis from prosecutor, author, and television correspondent Marcia Clark.
- TNT has renewed hit crime drama series ANIMAL KINGDOM and CLAWS for fourth and third seasons, respectively. Both shows had strong ratings for their season openers and have become flagships for the cable network, consistently drawing audiences in the 1.3 -2 million viewer range in Live +7.
- Speaking of TNT (I’m really impressed with the growth in both quality and storytelling at the cable channel over the past few seasons), check out the trailer for I AM THE NIGHT, the limited series directed by Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman) and starring Chris Pine (Star Trek). Inspired by true events, Night follows the story of Fauna Hodel (India Eisley) who was given away at birth. As Fauna begins to investigate the secrets to her past, she follows a sinister trail that swirls ever closer to an infamous Hollywood gynecologist, Dr. George Hodel (Jefferson Mays), a man involved in the darkest Hollywood debauchery.