BIG BROTHER tops a sluggish Thursday; Verizon to shutter Go90 mobile app
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.0/4||0.8/4||0.6/3||0.6/3||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||4.86||2.57||3.75||3.29||0.67|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Thursday, June 28, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – R||1.0/5||5.91|
|The Four: Battle for Stardom (FOX) (8-10 p.m.)||0.8/4||2.57|
|Little Big Shots (NBC)||0.7/4||6.03|
|The Gong Show (ABC)||0.5/3||3.15|
|Supernatural (The CW) – R||0.2/1||0.76|
|8:30 p.m.||The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – R||1.1/5||6.25|
|9 p.m.||Big Brother (CBS)||1.3/6||5.09|
|Match Game (ABC)||0.7/3||3.64|
|Black Lightning (The CW) – R||0.1/1||0.57|
|9:30 p.m.||Marlon (NBC)||0.6/3||2.45|
|10 p.m.||SWAT (CBS) – R||0.6/3||3.41|
|Take Two (ABC)||0.5/2||3.08|
|Law & Order: SVU (NBC) – R||0.5/2||2.53|
- BIG BROTHER on CBS topped a sluggish night on broadcast, earning a 1.3 among adults 18-49. However, the number is down two tenths from the premiere and off by three tenths for its Thursday debut in 2017.
- The rest of the field was mostly steady; NBC’s LITTLE BIG SHOTS (0.7) and MARLON (0.6) matching numbers from last week. ABC’s line up of game shows – THE GONG SHOW (0.5), MATCH GAME (0.7), and TAKE TWO (0.5) were all even.
- Only Fox’s THE FOUR improved week to week, ticking up a tenth to 0.8.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Wednesday, June 27, 2018
|BLACK INK CREW CHICAGO||VH1||8:00 PM||1,089||0.5|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NYC||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,377||0.5|
|COLLEGE WORLD SERIES||ESPN||7:00 PM||2,160||0.5|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||4,079||0.4|
|FIFA WORLD CUP GS L||FOX SPORTS||9:40 AM||1,020||0.4|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||3,234||0.4|
|GUYS GROCERY GAMES||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,069||0.3|
|BROTHER VS BROTHER||HOME||9:00 PM||2,060||0.3|
|INGRAHAM ANGLE, THE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||3,206||0.3|
|DOUBLE DARE NEW||NICK-AT-NITE||8:00 PM||1,259||0.3|
|HIP HOP SQUARES||VH1||9:01 PM||662||0.3|
|PAWN STARS SPECIALS||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,572||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,632||0.3|
|HIP HOP SQUARES||VH1||9:31 PM||673||0.3|
|REASONABLE DOUBT||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,021||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,596||0.3|
|FIFA WORLD CUP TODAY L||FOX SPORTS||12:14 PM||677||0.3|
|MISFIT GARAGE||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||950||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,501||0.3|
|QUEEN SUGAR||OWN||10:00 PM||1,170||0.3|
|DAILY SHOW||COMEDY||11:00 PM||887||0.3|
|LOUD HOUSE||NICKELODEON||7:30 PM||1,300||0.3|
|STORY, THE||FOX NEWS||7:00 PM||2,210||0.3|
|BROKEN TRUST||INVEST||9:00 PM||1,081||0.3|
- All top three shows in cable on Wednesday earned 0.5s among adults 18-49, with BLACK INK CREW CHICAGO taking the number one slot, although ESPN’s broadcast of the COLLEGE WORLD SERIES had the most viewers, with 2.16 million tuning in.
- In its second week, YELLOWSTONE on Paramount Network took a predictable and minor hit, dropping a tenth from 0.4 to 0.3, and 2.07 million viewers.
- Elsewhere, THE EXPANSE on Syfy wrapped up its third season to the tune of a 0.2 and 730,000 viewers. When the show returns for season 4 in 2019, it will pop up on Amazon.
- Verizon has decided to shutter the Go90 mobile video app and will shift distribution of all of its shows to other well established media brands, such as Yahoo! Sports, AOL, Ryot, Engadget and Huffington Post, through its Oath platform.
- Jordan Peele has snagged a second straight-to-series order for an anthology series, this time on YouTube. WEIRD CITY is a half-hour comedic sci-fi centering around a near-future metropolis called Weird, with each episode pertaining to present day issues in the future setting. Monkeypaw Productions, Sonar Entertainment, Mosaic, and Raskal Productions all produce, with Jose Molina (The Tick), showrunning and executive producing.
- For all the horror fans out there, Blumhouse TV and USA have released the first trailer for THE PURGE, a 10-episode limited series based on the popular film franchise. Much like the movies, the arc will follow the annual night of mayhem and murder where all crime in the US is legalized. Check it out HERE (and yes, I’ve already set my DVR for the September 4 premiere).