ABC game shows bounce back after a down week; NBA Draft predictably tops cable ratings; Courtney Cox co-partners with Ample Entertainment to develop and produce scripted and non-scripted content
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||0.9/4||0.6/3||0.5/2||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||5.23||3.64||4.89||1.1|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Sunday, June 24, 2018
|7 p.m.||60 Minutes (CBS)||0.6/3||7.44|
|America’s Funniest Home Videos (ABC) – R||0.6/3||4.38|
|One Strange Rock (FOX)||0.3/1||0.9|
|8 p.m.||Celebrity Family Feud (ABC)||1.2/5||6.46|
|America’s Got Talent (NBC) (8-10 p.m.) – R||0.7/3||3.99|
|The Simpsons (FOX) – R||0.5/2||1.26|
|8:30 p.m.||Bob’s Burgers (FOX) – R||0.5/2||1.15|
|9 p.m.||The $100,000 Pyramid (ABC)||1.0/4||5.56|
|Family Guy (FOX) – R||0.6/3||1.3|
|SWAT (CBS) – R||0.4/2||3.29|
|9:30 p.m.||Ghosted (FOX)||0.4/2||1.11|
|10 p.m.||To Tell the Truth (ABC)||0.8/4||4.52|
|Shades of Blue (NBC)||0.5/2||3.14|
|NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) – R||0.4/2||3.27|
- ABC’s lineup of game shows improved in the key demo ratings week-to-week, carrying the network to an easy win across a field of mostly reruns. CELEBRITY FAMILY FEUD (1.2) and THE $100,000 PYRAMID (1.0) both ticked up a tenth versus last week, while TO TELL THE TRUTH held steady at 0.8. All three shows grew in audience week-to-week, averaging increases hovering around the 10% mark.
- In the smattering of other original programming, only CBS’ INSTINCT improved, rising a tenth to 0.5. Both SHADES OF BLUE (0.5) on NBC and GHOSTED (0.4) on Fox dropped a tenth.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Thursday, June 21, 2018
|NBA DRAFT||ESPN||7:30 PM||3,066||1.3|
|JERSEY SHORE FAM VACATION||MTV||8:00 PM||1,662||1.0|
|NBA DRAFT||ESPN||7:00 PM||2,032||0.8|
|SOUTHERN CHARM||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,491||0.5|
|EX ON THE BEACH||MTV||9:01 PM||862||0.5|
|QUEEN OF THE SOUTH||USA||9:00 PM||1,240||0.4|
|SPORTSCENTER 12AM L||ESPN||12:03 AM||888||0.4|
|BEAT B.FLAY||FOOD||10:00 PM||1,087||0.4|
|FLIP OR FLOP||HOME||9:00 PM||1,957||0.3|
|FIFA WORLD CUP GS L||FOX SPORTS||7:41 AM||854||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER EARLY||ESPN||6:00 PM||748||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,685||0.3|
|PRIMAL INSTINCT||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,227||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,158||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER 1AM||ESPN||1:03 AM||570||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,613||0.3|
|LIVE PD: POLICE PATROL||A&E||9:31 PM||1,036||0.3|
|RUPAULS DRAG RACE||VH1||8:00 PM||632||0.3|
|LIVE PD: POLICE PATROL||A&E||10:02 PM||974||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,532||0.3|
|MURDER CALLS||INVEST||9:00 PM||1,119||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,438||0.3|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||678||0.3|
- ESPN took both the number one and three spots on cable Thursday night with coverage of the NBA DRAFT. The program peaked at a 1.3 among adults 18-49 and started with a 0.8, while grabbing just over 3 million eyeballs at its peak viewing. JERSEY SHORE FAMILY VACATION went down to number two this week, although it kept its 1.0 rating for another week in a row.
- On USA, the third season premiere of SHOOTER (0.3) was down one-tenth from the 0.4 of its season 2 premiere last year.
- In unscripted cable ratings, History Channel’s ALONE was steady at 0.3, while Bravo’s SOUTHERN CHARM maintained a 0.5. RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE on VH1 dropped a tenth this week, earning a 0.3 and 632,000 viewers.
- MTV’S EX ON THE BEACH continues to perform steadily at 0.5.
- CBS and the NFL have extended their arrangement for streaming games on CBS All Access and TV Everywhere through the 2022 season. The entire 2018 NFL on CBS schedule, including Superbowl LIII will be streamed live on all CBS All Access platforms and subscribers will get CBS NFL games that are broadcast in their local market.
- Courtney Cox has signed a co-production partnership with Ample Entertainment, the same prodco behind NINE MONTHS, the upcoming documentary series Cox is executive producing for Facebook. Under the pact with Ample co-founders Ari Mark and Phil Lott, Cox’s newly created Hopper Entertainment will create, develop, and produced both unscripted and scripted content initially focusing on high-end lifestyle programming for the US, UK, and Canada.
- Hopper currently has a docuseries ready to take out featuring Cox as she pulls back the curtain on Hollywood’s exclusive real estate market.
- Hangar 56 Media, producers of MTV’s BUSTED LIVE and truTV’s OVER THE LIMIT, are now shifting their focus to bounty hunters with a series called BOUNTY LIVE, a weekly live reality show featuring fugitive recovery agents from across the country chasing fugitives and making arrests. The show is currently available in a streaming test version on Facebook Live, with plans to expand to Instagram and YouTube in the coming months.