BACHELORETTE and solid PROPOSAL premiere help ABC to Monday win; World Cup matches score big on cable; CBS invests heavily in STAR TREK, inking 5-year/$30mm USD deal with Alex Kurtzman to expand universe
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.2/5||0.9/4||0.7/3||0.6/3||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||5.06||3.89||2.65||4.32||1.36|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Monday, June 18, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Bachelorette (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.4/6||5.67|
|So You Think You Can Dance (FOX)||0.8/4||3.13|
|Running Wild with Bear Grylls (NBC)||0.7/3||3.2|
|Mom (CBS) – R||0.6/3||4.4|
|Supergirl (The CW) – F||0.5/2||1.79|
|8:30 p.m.||Man with a Plan (CBS) – R||0.6/3||3.84|
|9 p.m.||American Ninja Warrior (NBC) (9-11 p.m.)||1.0/4||4.23|
|NCIS: New Orleans (CBS) – R||0.6/3||4.27|
|So You Think You Can Dance (FOX) – R||0.5/2||2.17|
|Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW)||0.3/1||0.96|
|9:30 p.m.||Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW) – R||0.3/1||0.9|
|10 p.m.||The Proposal (ABC) – P||0.8/3||3.85|
- ABC once again topped the night for broadcast, with THE BACHELORETTE scoring the highest rating for the night. The long running dating competition earned a 1.4 among adults 18-49, even with last week. In the 10pm hour, ABC debuted THE PROPOSAL, which scored a decent 0.8 for the premiere and 3.85 million viewers.
- On the CW, the season finale of SUPERGIRL (0.5) ticked up week-to-week, gaining a tenth and in line with its season average. WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? performed to its usual 0.3.
- NBC’s AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR (1.0) faltered a tenth from last week; RUNNING WILD WITH BEAR GRYLLS scored a 0.7 in the 8pm hour.
- Fox’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE ticked up a tenth this week, scoring a 0.8, and on CBS, a new episode of ELEMENTARY scored 0.6, even with last week.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Sunday, June 17, 2018
|FIFA WORLD CUP||FS1||1:39 PM||4,086||1.8|
|FIFA WORLD CUP||FS1||10:37 AM||4,002||1.7|
|WORLD CUP TODAY||FS1||12:58 PM||3,056||1.3|
|WORLD CUP TODAY||FS1||4:01 PM||2,349||1.1|
|NAKED AND AFRAID XL||DISCOVERY||10:00 PM||1,683||0.5|
|ROBOT CHICKEN||ADULT SWIM||11:30 PM||1,007||0.5|
|90 DAY FIANCE: HAPPILY EVER AFTER||TLC||8:00 PM||1,554||0.5|
|MLB SUNDAY NIGHT||ESPN||8:00 PM||1,918||0.5|
|NAKED AND AFRAID XL SPECIAL||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,438||0.4|
|NASCAR RACEDAY||FS1||4:30 PM||1,116||0.4|
|LAST WEEK TONIGHT||HBO||11:01 PM||1,192||0.4|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF POTOMAC||BRAVO||8:00 PM||1,161||0.4|
|BEACH HUNTERS||HGTV||9:30 PM||1,685||0.4|
|TOTAL BELLAS||E!||9:00 PM||726||0.4|
|FOOD NETWORK STAR||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,328||0.4|
|BEACH HUNTERS||HGTV||9:00 PM||1,490||0.3|
|MEXICO LIFE||HGTV||10:30 PM||1,514||0.3|
|MEXICO LIFE||HGTV||10:00 PM||1,498||0.3|
|WORLD CUP TODAY||FS1||10:00 AM||840||0.3|
|COLLEGE WORLD SERIES||ESPN||2:00 PM||1,114||0.3|
|LAKEFRONT BARGAIN HUNT||HGTV||8:30 PM||1,342||0.3|
|BAR RESCUE||PARAMOUNT||10:00 PM||761||0.3|
|SNOOP DOGG PRESENTS THE JOKER’S WILD||TBS||10:00 PM||819||0.3|
- Fox Sports 1 (FS1) scored the biggest wins on cable Sunday, by broadcasting the first matches of several marquee teams in the World Cup. An afternoon match between favorites Brazil and Switzerland topped the day with a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49 and 4.09 million viewers. The Germany-Mexico match was close behind, scoring a 1.7 and 4 million viewers. 2 installments of commentary show WORLD CUP TODAY rounded out the top of the list, earning 1.3 and 1.1.
- Elsewhere in cable, both WESTWORLD (0.6) on HBO and CLAWS (0.5) on TNT held steady week-to-week, while 90 DAY FIANCE: HAPPILY EVER AFTER continues to perform well for TLC, scoring another 0.5 for the week.
- Amazon Studios has given an 8-episode straight-to-series order to INVINCIBLE, an hour-long animated series from Robert Kirkman (creator of The Walking Dead). Based on his graphic novel of the same title, the series revolves around Mark Grayson, a normal teenager except for the fact that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet. Shortly after his seventeenth birthday, Mark begins to develop powers of his own and enters into his father’s tutelage. This is the first series order to come from the overall deal Kirkman inked with Amazon last year. Skybound Entertainment will produce.
- STAR TREK and its universe is expanding under a new deal struck between STAR TREK: DISCOVERY co-creator/executive producer Alex Kurtzman and CBS TV Studios. Under the 5-year/$30 million USD pact, Kurtzman will oversee the development of new Star Trek series, mini-series and other content, including animation. Although no details on additional projects are yet available, one project will most likely be an 8-episode limited event spinoff of
- SVOD service AcornTV has acquired US rights to Australian drama MYSTERY ROAD, starring Judy Davis and Aaron Pedersen. The series will debut stateside in August.