NBC crushes competition on a quiet Tuesday; Facebook announces slew of news programming on Watch; Banijay Group revives TEMPTATION ISLAND
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||2.0/9||0.6/3||0.6/3||0.5/2||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||9.6||5.24||1.88||2.17||0.87|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Tuesday, June 5, 2018
|8 p.m.||America’s Got Talent (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||2.2/10||11.14|
|Beat Shazam (FOX)||0.7/3||2.12|
|NCIS (CBS) – R||0.6/3||5.73|
|The Middle (ABC) – R||0.6/3||2.82|
|The Flash (The CW) – R||0.2/1||0.81|
|8:30 p.m.||The Middle (ABC) – R||0.6/3||2.48|
|9 p.m.||Bull (CBS) – R||0.6/3||5.38|
|Love Connection (FOX)||0.5/2||1.63|
|Black-ish (ABC) – R||0.5/2||2.05|
|The 100 (The CW)||0.3/1||0.94|
|9:30 p.m.||Black-ish (ABC) – R||0.5/2||1.95|
|10 p.m.||World of Dance (NBC)||1.6/7||6.52|
|48 Hours: NCIS (CBS)||0.5/2||4.6|
|Splitting Up Together (ABC) – R||0.4/2||1.87|
|10:30 p.m.||Splitting Up Together (ABC) – R||0.5/2||1.85|
- NBC easily crushed the competition last night with a new installment of AMERICA’S GOT TALENT. The variety show grabbed a 2.2 rating among 18-49s, down .2 from last week’s fast nationals, but miles ahead of the competition. The only other show to score over a 1.0 last night was also on NBC. WORLD OF DANCE scored a 1.6 in the 10pm hour, also down two tenths from last week.
- THE 100 scored a 0.3 for The CW, even with its last new episode two weeks ago. FOX’s BEAT SHAZAM (0.7) and LOVE CONNECTION (0.5) were down a tenth apiece vs. last week’s premieres.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Monday, June 4, 2018
|LOVE AND HIP HOP ATLANTA||VH1||9:00 PM||2,112||1.0|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||9:00 PM||2,593||0.9|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||8:00 PM||2,594||0.9|
|BASKETBALL WIVES||VH1||9:00 PM||1,824||0.9|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||10:00 PM||2,390||0.8|
|TEEN MOM II||MTV||9:00 PM||1,325||0.7|
|STREET OUTLAWS||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,542||0.6|
|SHAUNIES HOME COURT||VH1||10:00 PM||1,195||0.5|
|SHAUNIES HOME COURT||VH1||10:30 PM||1,055||0.5|
|TEEN MOM: YOUNG AND PREG||MTV||10:01 PM||838||0.5|
|AMERICAN CHOPPER||DISCOVERY||10:00 PM||1,334||0.5|
|STREET OUTLAWS SPC||DISCOVERY||8:00 PM||1,207||0.5|
|LOVE IT OR LIST IT||HOME||9:00 PM||1,593||0.4|
|BEST BAKER IN AMERICA||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,450||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,801||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,864||0.3|
|TEEN MOM II AFTER||MTV||11:02 PM||579||0.3|
|COLL SOFTBALL WRLD SRS||ESPN||7:00 PM||1,233||0.3|
|AMERICAN PICKERS||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,880||0.3|
|CUOMO PRIME TIME||CNN||9:00 PM||1,370||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,693||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,317||0.3|
|LOUD HOUSE||NICKELODEON||5:00 PM||1,378||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,790||0.3|
|REAL STORY W/ MARIA ELENA||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,149||0.3|
- It was a night of modest gains on cable Monday, with several shows ticking up. VH1’s LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA rose to the top with a 1.0 among 18-49s, up a tenth from last week.
- After slipping a bit in the past weeks, WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW recovered this week, bumping back up a tenth to a peak 0.9 during its 3-hour broadcast, good enough for the two, three, and five spots.
- BASKETBALL WIVES on Bravo climbed back near the top of the ratings as well, earning a 0.9 this week around, a two tenths improvement.
- A pair of announcements from Banijay Group today:
- On the heels of a successful deal to revive WIFE SWAP on CMT, the production company announced that a rebooted version of TEMPTATION ISLAND, the dating reality show that aired on Fox from 2001-2003, will be returning to US air. Similar to the original concept, the show will once again entail couples agreeing to live with several singles of the opposite sex in order to test their relationships.
- Banijay & Twitter are entering a global collaboration to monetize Banijay Group content and drive effective brand engagement efforts on the platform. The deal, which acts as one of the global distribution collaborations Twitter is closing recently with production companies, will see the organizations work with brands worldwide to develop lucrative co-branded advertising efforts.
- Apple continues to have its pick of the scripted litter, today announcing a straight-to-series pick-up of a half-hour romantic comedy from JJ Abrams’ Bad Robot. Titled LITTLE VOICE, the 10-episode project written by Sara Bareilles and Jessie Nelson (Waitress) might as well be titled Felicity: The Sequel! The plot sounds suspiciously familiar (and frankly eyeroll-worthy): “A love letter to the diversity of New York, [the show] explores the universal journey of finding your authentic voice in your early 20s. It is a fresh, intensely romantic tale of the search to find your true voice…and then the courage to use it.”
- Facebook, which recently announced that it is finally killing off its problematic “trending news” tab, unveiled its first slate of funded news shows. The social media megacorp is set to premiere a slate of news programs on Watch this summer from ABC News, CNN, Fox News, Mic, ATTN:, and Univision, among others. According to Campbell Brown, the company’s head of global news partnerships, “The shows will be hosted by award-winning journalists, as well as new faces, and the formats will vary from a mix of daily briefings, weekly deep dives, and live breaking news coverage. They’ll debut later this summer, and we’ll announce additional shows in the coming weeks. We will work closely with our publisher partners to experiment with these different formats to understand what works, and they will have full editorial control of their shows.” Shows include:
- ON LOCATION | ABC News
Daily news show with ABC News journalists from around the globe delivering on-the-ground reporting and the top headlines that are driving the day.
- CHASING CORRUPTION | Advance
Host Ian Hoppe and the Reckon by AL.com team travel across the USA to meet some of America’s toughest watchdog journalists — and the stories of conspiracy, bribery, fraud and more they’ve uncovered.
- UNDIVIDED ATTN | ATTN
Weekly explainer show that breaks down the biggest issue of the week. In 3-5 minute episodes hosted by a rotating cast of social influencers, Undivided ATTN: will provide context on the stories everybody’s talking about.
- ANDERSON COOPER FULL CIRCLE | CNN
Daily global brief on the world, M-F evenings featuring Anderson Cooper and a roster of guests. The interactive program will air live from Anderson’s New York City newsroom in mobile-friendly vertical video.
- FOX NEWS UPDATE | Fox News
Focus on up-to-the minute breaking news and the most compelling stories of the day. FNC’s chief news anchor Shepard Smith will report the latest news each weekday afternoon, with Carley Shimkus updating viewers every morning. Additionally, Abby Huntsman will provide the latest headlines once each morning throughout the weekend.
- MIC DISPATCH | Mic
Reveals the world as we see it: complicated, diverse and full of potential. Mic correspondents on this new, twice-weekly show go beyond the headlines to profile the underrepresented, the problem-solvers and the provocateurs.
- REAL AMERICA WITH JORGE RAMOS | Univision
Award-winning journalist, anchor and author Jorge Ramos travels the country to talk to immigrants of diverse backgrounds and situations, delivering a rarely covered view of today’s America from their perspective.
- Univision will also cover the top stories in Spanish at noon every day on Watch with “Noticiero Univision Edición Digital.”