THE BACHELORETTE improves on ABC; SYTYCD premiere slumps for Fox; Miss America Organization axes swimsuit competition
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.5/7||1.2/5||0.6/3||0.6/3||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||4.72||4.87||4.37||2.78||1.53|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Monday, June 4, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Bachelorette (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.6/7||5.78|
|Stanley Cup Finals Game 4 (NBC) (8-11 p.m.)||1.5/7||4.72|
|So You Think You Can Dance (FOX) – P||0.7/3||3.21|
|Mom (CBS) – R||0.6/3||4.53|
|Supergirl (The CW)||0.5/2||1.85|
|8:30 p.m.||Man with a Plan (CBS) – R||0.6/3||4.17|
|9 p.m.||NCIS: New Orleans (CBS) – R||0.5/2||4.39|
|9-1-1 (FOX) – R||0.5/2||2.34|
|Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW) – P||0.3/1||1.14|
|9:30 p.m.||Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW)||0.4/2||1.28|
|10 p.m.||Elementary (CBS)||0.6/3||4.37|
|The Crossing (ABC)||0.6/3||3.04|
- THE BACHELORETTE on ABC led the night on Monday, building on its premiere numbers from last week. The long running dating show ticked up two tenths to earn a 1.6 among adults 18-49 and helped out sci-fi drama THE CROSSING, which improved by a tenth this week, landing a 0.6.
- NBC led the night overall, with Game 4 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals averaging a 1.5 for the 3-hour broadcast.
- On the CW, SUPERGIRL also improved week-to-week, earning a 0.5 and up a tenth. The summer premiere of WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? opened to a 0.3 among 18-49s, in line with its average from last summer. A second episode improved slightly on rating and viewership, increasing to a 0.4 and 1.28 million viewers overall.
- The only down news for the night was for Fox; the season 15 premiere opened lower than last year, earning a 0.7 this summer versus a 0.9 for the season 14 opener in 2017. However, the 0.7 rating is in line with the average earned over last summer.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Sunday, June 3, 2018
|FEAR THE WALKING DEAD||AMC||9:00 PM||1,971||0.6|
|ROBOT CHICKEN||ADULT SWIM||11:30 PM||1,055||0.5|
|90 DAY FIANCE: HAPPILY EVER AFTER||TLC||8:00 PM||1,513||0.5|
|NAKED AND AFRAID XL||DISCOVERY||10:00 PM||1,501||0.4|
|BAR RESCUE||PARAMOUNT||10:00 PM||936||0.4|
|LAST WEEK TONIGHT||HBO||11:01 PM||1,141||0.4|
|NOW YOU SEE ME 2||FX||6:00 PM||964||0.4|
|NACAR M.E. CUP RACING||FS1||1:54 PM||2,672||0.4|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF POTOMAC||BRAVO||8:00 PM||1,141||0.4|
|FN STAR: COMEBACK KITCHEN||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,312||0.4|
|NBA PREGAME||ESPN||7:00 PM||1,034||0.4|
|MEXICO LIFE||HGTV||10:00 PM||1,906||0.4|
|BEACH HUNTERS||HGTV||9:30 PM||1,895||0.3|
|BEACH HUNTERS||HGTV||9:00 PM||1,785||0.3|
|LAKEFRONT BARGAIN HUNT||HGTV||8:30 PM||1,642||0.3|
|LAKEFRONT BARGAIN HUNT||HGTV||8:00 PM||1,703||0.3|
|MEXICO LIFE||HGTV||10:30 PM||1,788||0.3|
|JOE PERA TALKS WITH YOU||ADULT SWIM||12:00 AM||665||0.3|
|TOTAL BELLAS||E!||9:00 PM||654||0.3|
|SOUTHERN CHARM NEW ORLEANS||BRAVO||9:00 PM||873||0.3|
|MLB SUNDAY NIGHT||ESPN||7:30 PM||1,437||0.3|
|COLLEGE SOFTBALL WORLD SERIES||ESPN||3:38 PM||1,039||0.3|
- FEAR THE WALKING DEAD led a quiet Sunday night in cable, albeit at a series-low 0.6, while HBO’s WESTWORLD improved a bit, rising from the previous week’s series low. The show drew a 0.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 1.39 million viewers, up from 0.4 and 1.11 million on Memorial Day weekend. It finished second in the 18-49 demographic among cable originals for the day. Rounding out the top three was a new episode of ROBOT CHICKEN, drawing a 0.5, in line with its season average.
- New series POSE on FX (Ryan Murphy) and SUCCESSION on HBO started fairly quietly, each finishing out of the top 25. Both had 0.2 ratings in adults 18-49.
- It only took 97 years, but the Miss America Organization is finally casting aside its origins as a bathing beauty contest. Beginning with the September 2018 finals, the nearly 1000-year-old competition will no longer be a pageant where contestants are judged on their outward appearance, the bathing suit portion of the competition will be eliminated and in its place will be an interactive portion between the state finalists and panel of judges, highlighting her achievements and goals in life, and how she will use her talents, passion and ambition to perform the job of Miss America. The popular talent portion of the competition will remain intact.
- The quest to keep ROSEANNE 2.0 on the air without its lead continues forward. Since the sudden cancellation of the show last week after racist tweets by Barr, executive producer Tom Werner and show co-star/executive producer Sara Gilbert are still fighting for the chance to keep the rest of the cast and crew employed. Pitches for a revamped show without Barr have been positively received so far, and a creative meeting between the producers and ABC is set for next week.