Game 2 of NBA Finals in line with 2017 numbers; Discovery strikes $2B USD international deal with PGA Tour through 2030
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||4.5/18||0.8/4||0.4/2||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||12.69||4.05||5.29||1.08|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Sunday, June 3, 2018
|7 p.m.||Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (ABC)||2.2/11||8.08|
|60 Minutes (CBS)||0.6/3||7.51|
|One Strange Rock (FOX)||0.2/1||1.16|
|7:30 p.m.||NBA Countdown (ABC)||2.5/12||7.73|
|8 p.m.||NBA Finals Game 2 (ABC) (8-11 p.m.)||5.2/21||14.28|
|Movie: Jurassic World (NBC) (8-11 p.m.)||0.9/4||4.13|
|The Simpsons (FOX) – R||0.4/2||1.16|
|8:30 p.m.||Bob’s Burgers (FOX) – R||0.3/1||1.0|
|9 p.m.||Family Guy (FOX) – R||0.4/2||1.04|
|SWAT (CBS) – R||0.3/1||3.64|
|9:30 p.m.||Family Guy (FOX) – R||0.4/2||0.97|
|10 p.m.||NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) – R||0.3/1||3.74|
- Game 2 of the NBA Finals easily eclipsed the rest of the field Sunday night, growing slightly over Game 1’s ratings, up a tenth to 5.2 and in line with the same night/game last year. However, the 14.28 million viewers earned last night is trailing behind viewership for the 2017 series; the same game last year drew 15.46 million eyeballs. Earlier in the evening, numbers for both JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE: GAME NIGHT (2.2) and NBA COUNTDOWN (2.5) fell compared to last Thursday’s airings; JKL was down three tenths, while Countdown came in half a point down from its last show.
- The rest of the broadcast landscape was predictably light against the series, with NBC’s airing of JURASSIC WORLD bringing in a respectable 0.9 against the basketball game, and Alan Cumming-led drama INSTINCT on CBS came in a 0.5, a tenth higher than last week.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Thursday, May 31, 2018
|JERSEY SHORE FAM VACATION||MTV||8:00 PM||2,029||1.2|
|SPORTSCENTER 12AM L||ESPN||11:49 PM||1,206||0.5|
|SOUTHERN CHARM||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,421||0.5|
|EX ON THE BEACH||MTV||9:01 PM||888||0.5|
|FLIP OR FLOP||HOME||9:00 PM||1,953||0.4|
|NBA PRE-GAME L||ESPN||8:00 PM||972||0.4|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,790||0.3|
|BEAT B.FLAY||FOOD||10:00 PM||1,034||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,690||0.3|
|SWAMP PEOPLE||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,566||0.3|
|LIVE PD: POLICE PATROL||A&E||10:01 PM||872||0.3|
|DAILY SHOW||COMEDY||11:00 PM||763||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,626||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER 1AM||ESPN||1:32 AM||607||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,549||0.3|
|LIVE PD: POLICE PATROL||A&E||10:32 PM||869||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER PRIME L||ESPN||7:00 PM||642||0.3|
|LIVE PD: POLICE PATROL||A&E||9:30 PM||867||0.3|
|EXTREME MEASURES||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,142||0.3|
|INGRAHAM ANGLE, THE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||2,500||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||2,977||0.2|
|LIVE PD: POLICE PATROL||A&E||9:00 PM||791||0.2|
|SPORTSCENTER MORNING||ESPN||2:30 AM||516||0.2|
|ANDERSON COOPER 360||CNN||8:00 PM||841||0.2|
|FIRST TAKE L: N/A||ESPN||10:00 AM||445||0.2|
- In a field free of sports broadcasts, MTV’s JERSEY SHORE: FAMILY VACATION climbed to the top of cable ratings on Thursday, rising two-tenths from its previous 1.0, earning a 1.2 for the night. Trailing behind in the two and three positions were a late-night edition of ESPN’s SPORTSCENTER and Bravo’s SOUTHERN CHARM, each grabbing 0.5s among adults 18-49.
- On MTV, EX ON THE BEACH rose one-tenth to a 0.5 this time around. Meanwhile, Comedy Central’s THE DAILY SHOW WITH TREVOR NOAH landed in the top 15 with another 0.3 – the same as its previous episode – and 763,000 total viewers.
- Discovery has struck a $2 billion USD deal for international television and streaming rights to the PGA Golf Tour through 2030. The new pact gives Discovery access to more than 140 golf tournaments a year including around 40 high-profile PGA Tour events. The deal goes into effect January, 2019 and covers all territories outside of the US, with plans to stream many events on a new OTT service that Discovery currently has in the works.
- ABC has acquired Aussie format FAMILY FOOD FIGHT for the US. The network will air eight episodes, with restauranteur and cookbook author Ayesha Curry hosting. The series features eight families competing against one another using their own recipes to vie for the title of “America’s No. 1 Food Family,” with the winner taking home a $100,000 prize. ABC said the show will “focus on relatable, yet aspirational, home-cooked meals, inspiring budding home cooks across the nation to don their aprons and get into the kitchen together.”
- It doesn’t get any more American than this: Netflix has greenlit an 8×60 anthology series based on the life, songs, and stories of country star Dolly Parton. The platinum-blonde singer will executive produce the series through her company Dixie Pixie Productions, with Magnolia Hill Entertainment and in association with WBTV (where Magnolia Hill has a deal).