AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR and MASTERCHEF kick off summer season with solid ratings; Big Fish Entertainment & Rovio team up for ANGRY BIRDS live-action game show
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.0/4||1.0/4||0.6/3||0.6/3||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||4.53||3.61||5.5||2.43||0.82|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Wednesday, May 30, 2018
|8 p.m.||American Ninja Warrior (NBC) (8-10 p.m.) – P||1.2/5||5.35|
|Masterchef (FOX) (8-10 p.m.) – P||1.0/4||3.61|
|The Goldbergs (ABC) – R||0.6/3||3.24|
|SEAL Team (CBS) – R||0.5/2||3.98|
|Supergirl (The CW) – R||0.2/1||0.81|
|8:30 p.m.||The Goldbergs (ABC) – R||0.6/3||2.74|
|9 p.m.||Code Black (CBS)||0.7/3||6.29|
|Modern Family (ABC) – R||0.6/3||2.38|
|The Originals (The CW)||0.3/1||0.84|
|9:30 p.m.||American Housewife (ABC) – R||0.5/2||2.19|
|10 p.m.||Code Black (CBS)||0.7/3||6.23|
|Reverie (NBC) – P||0.6/3||2.9|
|Modern Family (ABC) – R||0.6/3||2.1|
|10:30 p.m.||American Housewife (ABC) – R||0.5/2||1.92|
- It was another night of summer premieres on broadcast Wednesday night. Leading the back overall was the premiere of AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR on NBC, pulling in an average of 1.2 over the 2-hour show, down two tenths from its premiere last summer. Later on, NBC’s VR police drama REVERIE scored a 0.6 and retained just over half of the lead-in audience from ANW.
- On Fox, MASTERCHEF returned for its ninth season with a 1.0 rating among 18-49s, a mere tenth down from last season’s 1.1 premiere.
- On CBS, recently canceled CODE BLACK returned with two back-to-back episodes, both of which scored a 0.7, a tenth down from its previous 0.8 two weeks ago.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Monday, May 28, 2018
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||8:55 PM||14,810||5.7|
|INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||11:34 PM||5,779||2.4|
|NBA PLAYOFFS PRE-GAME||TNT||8:00 PM||3,188||1.1|
|LOVE AND HIP HOP ATLANTA||VH1||8:00 PM||1,921||0.9|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||8:00 PM||2,593||0.8|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||9:00 PM||2,591||0.8|
|BASKETBALL WIVES||VH1||9:00 PM||1,590||0.7|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||10:00 PM||2,300||0.7|
|ANIMAL KINGDOM||TNT||12:25 AM||1,607||0.7|
|TEEN MOM II||MTV||9:00 PM||1,199||0.6|
|STREET OUTLAWS||DISCOVERY||8:00 PM||1,388||0.5|
|AMERICAN CHOPPER||DISCOVERY||10:01 PM||1,334||0.5|
|CASEY ANTHONYS PARENTS||A&E||8:00 PM||1,506||0.4|
|SHAUNIES HOME COURT||VH1||10:00 PM||953||0.4|
|LOVE IT OR LIST IT||HOME||9:00 PM||1,900||0.4|
|SELECCION MEX||UNIVISION||8:53 PM||903||0.4|
|TEEN MOM YOUNG AND PREG||MTV||10:01 PM||672||0.4|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,899||0.4|
|SHAUNIES HOME COURT 1B||VH1||10:30 PM||805||0.4|
|FORGED IN FIRE||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,181||0.3|
|MOVIE – ORIGINAL PREM: GIRL IN THE BUNKER||LIFETIME||8:00 PM||1,284||0.3|
|FIRST TAKE L||ESPN||10:00 AM||778||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,782||0.3|
|VANDERPUMP RULES||BRAVO||9:00 PM||748||0.3|
|BLAZE AND THE MONSTER MACHINES||NICKELODEON||12:00 PM||1,342||0.3|
- TNT captured the top spot of the night with its live broadcast of the Warriors vs Rockets NBA conference final game, which scored a 5.7 with 14.81 million viewers. As per usual this time of year, the pre-game and INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS specials rounded out the top 3 with 2.4 and 1.1s.
- On VH1, LOVE & HIP HOP: ATLANTA broke its recent 1.0 streak and fell one-tenth to a 0.9 this time around. Similarly, Bravo’s BASKETBALL WIVES was down another tenth to a 0.7 with 1.59 million viewers.
- “WWE Monday Night Raw” took a small hit in the Monday cable ratings this week. The USA broadcast fell another tenth from its previous 0.9 to a 0.8 peak rating in adults 18-49 across its 3-hour-long runtime.
- Big Fish Entertainment, maker of the popular ANGRY BIRDS mobile game, has partnered with Rovio Entertainment to develop the smartphone app into a live-action game show. Currently titled ANGRY BIRD CHALLENGE, it will incorporate large-scale obstacle courses with classic defense zones comprised of water, wood, ice, and stone barriers, all modeled after the game. Teams also get to pick their own challenges, which will be part of the strategy for finishing the course the fastest. They must race to reach the “castle tower” and save as many eggs as possible. Joe Lawson, head of content licensing for Rovio is handling inquiries into development and distribution; no US network has yet attached to the project.