SURVIVOR finale tumbles to lowest-ever rating; CMT & Jersey Shore creator SallyAnn Salsano team up for BACHELORETTE WEEKEND; YouTube Premium greenlights soccer travel series F2 FINDING FOOTBALL
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.4/6||1.3/5||1.0/4||0.6/3||0.2/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||4.6||6.81||5.33||2.57||0.91|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Wednesday, May 23, 2018
|8 p.m.||Empire (FOX) – F||1.6/7||5.22|
|Survivor (CBS) (8-10 p.m.) – F||1.4/6||7.4|
|Movie: Toy Story 3 (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||0.7/3||2.72|
|Law & Order: SVU (NBC) – R||0.6/3||3.83|
|Supergirl (The CW) – R||0.2/1||0.99|
|9 p.m.||Law & Order: SVU (NBC) (9-11 p.m.) – F||1.2/5||6.08|
|Star (FOX) – F||1.2/5||3.98|
|The Originals (The CW) – R||0.2/1||0.84|
|10 p.m.||Survivor Reunion (CBS) – S||1.1/5||5.64|
- It was a somewhat slow night on broadcast, as the networks continue to wind down their Spring seasons. On CBS, SURVIVOR: GHOST ISLAND wrapped up with its lowest-rated finale, earning a 1.4, even with last week, but down half a point against both the spring and fall 2017 finales. A follow-up special, SURVIVOR REUNION, earned a 1.1 among adults 18-49, three-tenths ahead of CODE BLACK’s recent performance in the same time slot.
- On Fox, EMPIRE (1.6) and STAR (1.2) both closed out their latest seasons; EMPIRE was even with last week, while STAR fell off a tenth.
- NBC wrapped up the 19th season of LAW & ORDER: SVU with a 1.2 and up two tenths from last week, and even with the 2017 finale.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Tuesday, May 22, 2018
|NBA PLAYOFFS – CONF FINALS||TNT||9:00 PM||8,296||3.1|
|INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||11:32 PM||3,735||1.7|
|WWE SMACKDOWN||USA||8:00 PM||2,195||0.7|
|NBA PLAYOFFS PRE-GAME||TNT||8:00 PM||1,813||0.6|
|CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST||USA||10:00 PM||1,607||0.6|
|BELOW DECK MEDITERRANEAN||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,259||0.4|
|HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS||OWN||9:00 PM||1,790||0.4|
|LAST OG, THE||TBS||10:30 PM||1,040||0.4|
|DEADLIEST CATCH||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,615||0.4|
|FORGED IN FIRE||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,061||0.4|
|LITTLE PEOPLE, BIG WORLD||TLC||9:00 PM||1,645||0.4|
|CHALLENGE: CHAMPS STARS||MTV||10:00 PM||564||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,672||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,237||0.3|
|GOOD BONES||HOME||9:00 PM||1,478||0.3|
|KNIFE OR DEATH||HISTORY||10:03 PM||880||0.3|
|INGRAHAM ANGLE, THE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||2,708||0.3|
|HIDDEN POTENTIAL||HOME||10:00 PM||1,362||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,501||0.3|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||697||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER EARLY||ESPN||6:00 PM||571||0.2|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:30 PM||1,317||0.2|
|WEB OF LIES||INVEST||9:00 PM||1,003||0.2|
- TNT’s broadcast of the Rockets versus Warriors NBA conference finals game predictably took the top spot on cable, miles ahead of other programming with a 3.1 rating among 18-49s and 8.3 million viewers. The channel’s additional INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS special followed up in second position, earning a 1.7, while WWE SMACKDOWN on USA rounded out the top three, scoring a steady 0.7, the same as last week.
- Elsewhere in cable ratings, TBS’ critically acclaimed comedy THE LAST OG held steady with a 0.4 for a second week in a row, while Bravo’s latest season of BELOW DECK MEDITERRANEAN continues to earn steady ratings, also at 0.4.
- Following a lackluster premiere and sluggish season 3 ratings, CBS has canceled medical drama CODE BLACK. Season 3 opened to soft ratings; the 0.7 season opener was down 33% over last year, when the series was already heavily on the bubble. For the 2018-19 season, CBS will be without a single medical show on its primetime schedule.
- CMT has greenlit a docuseries following the Nashville-based company Bach Weekend, which specializes in creating once-in-a-lifetime bachelor/ette experiences for soon-to-be brides and grooms. From SallyAnn Salsano, the prolific creator behind such MTV hits as JERSEY SHORE and FLORIBAMA SHORE, BACHELORETTE WEEKEND will follow founder and owner Robbie and his team – Nicole, Rosa, Liz, Rachal and Johnathan – as they work tirelessly to ensure that their high-maintenance (and often inebriated) clients have a flawless experience.
- YouTube Premium (formerly YouTube Red) and Whistle Sports has teamed up to create F2 FINDING FOOTBALL, a soccer travel series that follows Billy Wingrove and Jeremy Lynch — known for their soccer tricks and tips videos — as they travel the world bringing together football talent and celebrity guests in locales such as Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Iceland, France and Thailand, in what YouTube describes as a fusion of culture, community and sport. The F2 Freestylers YouTube channel (check it out HERE) currently has 7.5 million subscribers and videos regularly reach over a million views within a week of being released.
- CNN Films has teamed with award-winning documentarian Roger Ross Williams (Life, Animated and Music By Prudence) to produce AMERICAN JAIL, a feature length doc that explores what fuels the country’s prison system. Using animation and commentary to illustrate the complexities of the challenge surrounding changing the system, Williams examines the history of incarceration in America and its origins in the practice of indentured servitude, and even slavery, as well as the need for labor to maintain and fuel the prison industry. The doc also presents a range of stakeholder positions and offers working examples of potential solutions, even traveling to the Netherlands for cases of success, to address the “prison pipeline” that criminalizes the mistakes of the poor and the vulnerable.