GREY’S ANATOMY easily nabs top ratings for Thursday night; NBA Playoff coverage continues to score high marks
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.2/5||1.0/4||0.8/3||0.6/3||0.5/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||5.12||6.14||3.56||2.39||1.48|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Thursday, May 17, 2018
|8 p.m.||Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) – F||1.9/8||7.54|
|The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – R||1.0/5||7.13|
|Ellen’s Game of Games (NBC) – R||0.8/4||3.93|
|Gotham (FOX) – F||0.6/3||2.2|
|Supernatural (The CW) – F||0.5/2||1.61|
|8:30 p.m.||Young Sheldon (CBS) – R||1.1/5||7.05|
|9 p.m.||Life in Pieces (CBS)||1.0/4||5.59|
|Station 19 (ABC) – F||1.0/4||5.11|
|American Ninja Warrior All-Stars (NBC) (9-11 p.m.) – S||0.8/4||3.37|
|Showtime at the Apollo (FOX)||0.6/3||2.59|
|Arrow (The CW) – F||0.5/2||1.35|
|9:30 p.m.||Life in Pieces (CBS) – F||0.9/4||4.94|
|10 p.m.||SWAT (CBS) – F||1.0/5||6.06|
|What Would You Do? (ABC) – P||0.6/3||2.71|
- ABC led the night as GREY’S ANATOMY scored an easy win with its latest season finale. The end of Season 14 saw a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49, in line with last week and down a scant tenth from last year’s season finale. The end of the first season of STATION 19 ended on an up note, ticking up a tenth to score a 1.0 for the finale. The premiere of reality show WHAT WOULD YOU DO? drew a 0.6 for the evening.
- On CBS, the final two episodes of LIFE IN PIECES (1.0/0.9) were off slightly from the 1.1 it achieved a few weeks ago, while the finale for SWAT ended up a tenth up, scoring a 1.0.
- Fox had a steady night, with the finale of GOTHAM and a new episode of SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO scoring 0.6s each, while a 2-hour AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR ALL STARS special drew a 0.8 for NBC.
- On the CW, finales for SUPERNATURAL (0.5) and ARROW (0.5) were both up week-to-week by one and two tenths, respectively.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Wednesday, May 16, 2018
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||9:00 PM||7,496||2.9|
|INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||11:28 PM||2,596||1.2|
|NBA PLAYOFFS PRE-GAME||TNT||8:00 PM||1,791||0.6|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NYC||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,411||0.5|
|NHL CONFERENCE FINALS L||NBC SPORTS||9:01 PM||1,394||0.5|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||3,076||0.4|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,445||0.3|
|GUYS GROCERY GAMES||FOOD||9:00 PM||945||0.3|
|INGRAHAM ANGLE, THE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||3,052||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,604||0.3|
|MISFIT GARAGE||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||938||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,312||0.3|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||776||0.3|
|MURDER CHOSE ME||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,041||0.3|
|DAILY SHOW||COMEDY||11:00 PM||776||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,326||0.3|
|HIP HOP SQUARES||VH1||10:30 PM||604||0.3|
|LITTLE WOMEN LA||LIFETIME||9:00 PM||772||0.3|
|SPORTSCENTER EARLY||ESPN||6:00 PM||623||0.3|
|AMERICAN PICKERS: BEST OF||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,181||0.3|
|LAST WORD W/L. ODONNELL||MSNBC||10:00 PM||2,285||0.2|
|HIP HOP SQUARES||VH1||10:00 PM||554||0.2|
|ALL IN W/CHRIS HAYES||MSNBC||8:00 PM||1,919||0.2|
|LWLA FL||LIFETIME||10:02 PM||709||0.2|
- As with previous weeks, it was TNT’s continued coverage of the NBA playoffs that led the night in the Wednesday cable ratings. The channel’s live broadcast of the Warriors vs Rockets game landed highest with a 2.9 rating in adults 18-49 and 7.50 million viewers. Meanwhile, TNT’s additional pre-game and an INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS special rounded out the top 3 of the night with 1.2 and 0.6 ratings.
- Bravo’s THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK CITY held steady with a 0.5 for the second week in a row, while VH1’s back-to-back episodes of HIP HOP SQUARES took minor hits, falling from their previous 0.4 and 0.3s to 0.3 and 0.2s this time around.
- Scripted cable shows all fell outside of the top 25 this week, with both KRYPTON and THE EXPANSE managing to maintain their previous 0.2s yet again. Similarly, FXX’s ARCHER held steady with another 0.2.
- Two trades, two perspectives on takeaways from the 2018 upfronts. For a hot take on the trend of decreasing license fees, concessions for overhead and distribution fees, and the expansion of network ownership rights, catch Deadline’s analysis HERE. For info on 2018 Upfronts highlights and takeaways, check out Variety’s roundup HERE.
- For descriptions, notes, and information pertaining to the upcoming studio screenings next week, be on the lookout for another email later today.