DANCING WITH THE STARS misses a beat with series-low premiere; E! brings back TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY + adds stuntwoman competition series
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.4/5||1.0/4||0.7/3||0.7/3||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||7.2||6.9||4.58||3.35||1.12|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Monday, April 30, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Voice (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.6/6||8.67|
|Dancing With the Stars (ABC) (8-10 p.m.) – P||1.1/5||8.45|
|Kevin Can Wait (CBS)||0.8/3||5.02|
|Supergirl (The CW)||0.5/2||1.51|
|8:30 p.m.||Man with a Plan (CBS)||0.8/3||4.79|
|9 p.m.||The Resident (FOX)||0.8/3||3.87|
|Superior Donuts (CBS)||0.7/3||4.14|
|iZombie (The CW)||0.2/1||0.72|
|9:30 p.m.||The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – R||0.7/3||4.16|
|10 p.m.||Good Girls (NBC) – F||0.9/4||4.24|
|Elementary (CBS) – P||0.6/3||4.68|
|The Crossing (ABC)||0.5/2||3.8|
- The all-athlete edition of DANCING WITH THE STARS was off to a decidedly slow start, posting the franchise’s lowest ever premiere. Scoring a 1.1 among adults 18-49, the show was down three tenths from the fall debut and a full point off the start of the Spring 2017 cycle. THE CROSSING similarly slumped, drawing a season low 0.5, down .2 from last week.
- NBC led the night overall, thanks to THE VOICE, up a tenth this week at 1.6. The season finale of GOOD GIRLS drew a 0.9, steady with last week and in line for the season.
- CBS had a sluggish night; KEVIN CAN WAIT (0.8) and SUPERIOR DONUTS (0.7) were each down a tenth, while MAN WITH A PLAN (0.8) stayed even, and a rerun of BIG BANG THEORY (0.7) proved itself to be a tenth more popular in the 9:30 slot than the recently pulled LIVING BIBLICALLY. The network finally premiered its latest season of ELEMENTARY, which earned a 0.6 for the night, down two tenths from last season’s bow and trending slightly behind season 4’s 0.64 average.
- On Fox, LUCIFER fell another tenth, drawing a 0.6 for the night, while a new episode of THE RESIDENT was even with last week. On CW, SUPERGIRL rose a tenth to 0.5 and iZOMBIE earned its usual 0.2.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Sunday, April 29, 2018
|FEAR THE WALKING DEAD||AMC||9:00 PM||2,708||1.0|
|MLB SUNDAY NIGHT||ESPN||8:00 PM||2,192||0.6|
|MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES||ADULT SWIM||11:30 PM||1,003||0.5|
|NAKED AND AFRAID||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,469||0.5|
|NAKED AND AFRAID XL||DISCOVERY||10:00 PM||1,411||0.5|
|SILICON VALLEY||HBO||10:01 PM||1,018||0.5|
|INTO THE BADLANDS||AMC||10:05 PM||1,265||0.4|
|NHL PLAYOFFS||NBCSN||6:58 PM||1,215||0.4|
|WORST COOKS IN AMERICA||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,424||0.4|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA||BRAVO||8:00 PM||1,070||0.4|
|BALLMASTRZ: 9009||ADULT SWIM||12:00 AM||697||0.4|
|SNOOP DOGG PRESENTS THE JOKER’S WILD||TBS||10:00 PM||942||0.3|
|CARIBBEAN LIFE||HGTV||9:30 PM||1,672||0.3|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF POTOMAC||BRAVO||10:00 PM||1,045||0.3|
|BALLMASTRZ: 9009||ADULT SWIM||12:15 AM||633||0.3|
|BAR RESCUE||PARAMOUNT||10:00 PM||768||0.3|
|CARIBBEAN LIFE||HGTV||9:00 PM||1,600||0.3|
|BREAKING HOMICIDE||ID||11:00 PM||1,089||0.3|
|MEXICO LIFE||HGTV||10:30 PM||1,629||0.3|
- Scripted series landed on top of cable ratings Sunday night, with AMC’s FEAR THE WALKING DEAD taking the top spot at 1.0 and 2.71 million viewers, although down slightly from last week (1.1/3.07 million). WESTWORLD on HBO took the second slot with a 0.7 for the night, down two tenths from its 0.9 premiere. Rounding out the top three was ESPN’s Sunday night broadcast of Major League Baseball; the game between the New York Yankees and Anaheim Angeles scored a 0.6.
- Elsewhere on the list, SILICON VALLEY (HBO) scored season highs in both rating (0.5) and audience (1.02 million); HOMELAND (Showtime) ended its latest season with a 0.3 and in line with its average, and Bravo closed out its season of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA with a “Secrets Revealed” clip show, which earned a 0.4, well below its average for new episodes.
- E! announced a few new docuseries during their upfront today. The full list can be found HERE, but a few to note in particular below:
- WONDER WOMEN | Competition | A. Smith & Co. Productions
Log Line: Follows a stunt director on a journey to ﬁnd the next great stuntwoman. Each week, hopefuls will face challenges that test their physical, mental, and emotional strength – requiring them to give their all if they want to become the next breakthrough female stunt performer.
- E! TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY | Docu-series | Wilshire Studios
Log Line: A reboot of the original series, but with a modern approach, providing a voice to the moments that are reshaping popular culture. Each self-contained documentary will explore a topic, headline, or person that became the ground zero for a revolution, change or shift in culture, told by the people who were on the frontlines of the story.
- Another format in the news to consider: LOVERS & LIARS from Lime Pictures (UK based/All3Media owned). The 10×30 competition series is a cross between TEMPTATION ISLAND and THE MOLE, where a group of couples compete for a cash prize. However, not all of the relationships are real and the couples, from their base in Tuscany in Italy, must figure out who is lying. The contestants will take part in a series of relationship tests and must vote out a couple each episode. MTV just bought the format to air in the UK and across its network of 60 international channels and digital platforms. Sarah Tyekiff (LOVE ISLAND) executive produces the MTV version.