AMERICAN IDOL leaps up in ratings after move to Live shows; Kew Media Group shopping international rights to true crime docuseries UNMASKING A KILLER
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.4/6||0.8/3||0.7/3||0.7/3|
|Total Viewers (millions)||6.4||1.97||7.37||4.15|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Sunday, April 29, 2018
|7 p.m.||America’s Funniest Home Videos (ABC)||1.2/5||5.84|
|60 Minutes (CBS)||0.8/4||8.95|
|Bob’s Burgers (FOX) – R||0.5/3||1.5|
|7:30 p.m.||Bob’s Burgers (FOX)||0.8/4||1.89|
|8 p.m.||American Idol (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.9/7||8.7|
|The Simpsons (FOX)||0.9/4||2.42|
|Little Big Shots (NBC)||0.8/4||6.02|
|8:30 p.m.||Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX)||0.9/4||1.96|
|9 p.m.||Family Guy (FOX)||1.0/4||2.28|
|NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS)||0.7/3||7.48|
|Genius Junior (NBC)||0.6/2||3.7|
|9:30 p.m.||The Last Man on Earth (FOX)||0.7/3||1.8|
|10 p.m.||Deception (ABC)||0.8/3||3.7|
|Madam Secretary (CBS)||0.6/3||5.99|
- With a move to live shows, AMERICAN IDOL jumped up quite a bit in ratings on Sunday night, scoring a 1.9 among adults 18-49, its second-best rating of the season. DECEPTION also ticked up, gaining two tenths on last week to land at 0.8.
- Fox had a number of modest gains, as well, with BROOKLYN NINE-NINE (0.9), FAMILY GUY (1.0), and LAST MAN ON EARTH (0.7) each gaining a tenth. BOB’S BURGERS (0.8) and THE SIMPSONS (0.9) were flat week-to-week.
- There was very little movement on NBC’s Sunday night; both LITTLE BIG SHOTS (0.8) and GENIUS JUNIOR (0.6) were even with last week, while TIMELESS (0.6) ticked up a tenth.
- Lastly, NCIS: LOS ANGELES dipped a tenth for CBS, earning a 0.7 for the week, while INSTINCT (0.6) and MADAM SECRETARY (0.6) were steady.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Thursday, April 26, 2018
|NFL DRAFT||ESPN||7:55 PM||5,336||2.1|
|JERSEY SHORE FAM VACATION||MTV||8:00 PM||1,449||0.9|
|NBA PLAYOFFS – ROUND 1||TNT||8:13 PM||2,408||0.8|
|NFL DRAFT: 2018 DAY 1||NFL NETWORK||8:00 PM||2,005||0.8|
|SPORTSCENTER SPECIAL||ESPN||7:00 PM||1,639||0.7|
|SPORTSCENTER 12AM L||ESPN||11:41 PM||1,463||0.6|
|INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||10:44 PM||1,417||0.6|
|NHL SEMI FINALS L||NBC SPORTS||7:03 PM||1,398||0.5|
|EX ON THE BEACH||MTV||9:00 PM||725||0.4|
|NHL LIVE POST SEMI FINALS||NBC SPORTS||9:43 PM||1,156||0.4|
|RUPAULS DRAG RACE||VH1||8:00 PM||771||0.4|
|SOUTHERN CHARM||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,141||0.4|
|NFL DRAFT KICKOFF||NFL NETWORK||7:30 PM||1,039||0.4|
|SPORTSCENTER 1AM||ESPN||1:00 AM||746||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,127||0.3|
|NHL SEMI FINALS L||NBC SPORTS||10:00 PM||799||0.3|
|SWAMP PEOPLE||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,566||0.3|
|TRUCK NIGHT IN AMERICA||HISTORY||10:03 PM||902||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,960||0.3|
|IMPRACTICAL JOKERS||TRUTV||10:00 PM||554||0.3|
|INGRAHAM ANGLE, THE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||2,532||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,469||0.3|
|NBA PLAYOFFS PRE-GAME||TNT||8:00 PM||1,053||0.3|
|BRAXTON FAMILY VALUES||WETV||9:00 PM||879||0.3|
- Although down year-to-year, the NFL Draft nevertheless easily topped cable ratings on Thursday night, with broadcasting by ESPN scoring a 2.1 among adults 18-49 and grabbing 5.37 million viewers. The NFL Network’s coverage of the event also landed fairly high in the ratings, getting up to the number four spot with a 0.8 and just over 2 million viewers. Last year’s draft was seven tenths higher in the ratings, scoring a 2.8.
- JERSEY SHORE FAMILY VACATION continued to enjoy top marks for MTV, coming in with a 0.9, good enough for second place, while the first round of NBA Playoffs on TNT rounded out the top 3, scoring a 0.8.
- Elsewhere in cable, VH1’s RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE maintained its recent 0.4 streak, while the popular SWAMP PEOPLE on History Channel took a minor hit, dropping a tenth from 0.4 to 0.3.
- This is a timely true crime docuseries that’s been gaining international traction since last week:
- UNMASKING A KILLER | 5×60 | docuseries
Logline: Unraveling the mystery behind the notorious Golden State Killer, a serial killer who murdered at least 12 people, committed 45 rapes, and hundreds of break-ins (a72-year-old suspect and former cop was arrested and charged late last week after decades of investigation). Docuseries follows investigators searching for the sadistic criminal who evaded police for forty years. It looks at the manhunt, patterns, escape methods and mind games of the Golden State Killer, raising a key to catching the criminal – potentially linking him to another series of unsolved crimes. The doc series also features interviews with investigators, law enforcement and victims, who have never spoken out publicly. Kew Media is handling international distribution.