BIG BANG THEORY and GREY’S ANATOMY sink to series-low against NFL Draft Live Broadcast; ABBA reunites with new single, December special on NBC, and hologram tour in 2019; Facebook Watch set to launch interactive docuseries HELP US GET MARRIED!
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.3/5||1.1/4||1.0/4||0.6/3||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||7.96||3.83||4.79||3.12||1.2|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Thursday, April 26, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Big Bang Theory (CBS)||1.9/9||11.52|
|Grey’s Anatomy (ABC)||1.4/6||6.46|
|NFL Draft (FOX) (8-11 p.m.)||1.1/4||3.83|
|Supernatural (The CW)||0.4/2||1.48|
|8:30 p.m.||Young Sheldon (CBS)||1.7/7||11.01|
|AP Bio (NBC)||0.5/2||1.77|
|9 p.m.||Mom (CBS)||1.3/5||8.46|
|Station 19 (ABC)||0.9/3||5.17|
|Will & Grace (NBC) – R||0.4/2||1.78|
|Arrow (The CW)||0.3/1||0.91|
|9:30 p.m.||Life in Pieces (CBS)||1.0/4||6.29|
|10 p.m.||Chicago Fire (NBC)||0.9/4||5.41|
|Quantico (ABC) – P||0.5/2||2.76|
- Although the NFL Draft on Fox didn’t post the biggest numbers for the network (1.1 in the key 18-49 demo and 3.83 million viewers), but simul-casting across several other channels helped to depress other broadcast show last night.
- Most interesting, BIG BANG THEORY dropped to a series low 1.9, the first time the show has ever been below a 2.0 in adults 18-49, while the rest of CBS’ lineup was off a bit, Both MOM (1.3) and SWAT (0.8) dropped a tenth, while YOUNG SHELDON (1.7) dropped two tenths, a season low. Only LIFE IN PIECES (1.0) stayed even with last week.
- The rest of broadcast was similarly down, with SUPERSTORE (0.7), AP BIO (0.5), and CHICAGO FIRE (0.9) all faltered a tenth, while CHAMPIONS maintained its lackluster 0.4 for another week.
- On ABC, GREY’S ANATOMY sunk to a series-low 1.4, while the season premiere of spy drama QUANTICO debuted to a 0.5 last night, tying a series low. STATION 19 also slid two tenths to post a season-low of 0.9.
- Both SUPERNATURAL (0.4) and ARROW (0.3) were down week-to-week for CW, falling off .2 and .1, respectively.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Wednesday, April 25, 2018
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||7:11 PM||4,069||1.6|
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||9:49 PM||3,459||1.5|
|INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||12:15 AM||1,747||0.8|
|BLACK INK CREW||VH1||9:00 PM||1,028||0.5|
|CONCACAF LIGA CMP FNL||UNIVISION||9:30 PM||1,013||0.5|
|NHL QTR FINALS L||NBC SPORTS||7:26 PM||1,415||0.5|
|CONTACTO DEPORTIVO||UNIVISION||11:37 PM||898||0.5|
|NBA PLAYOFFS PRE-GAME||TNT||7:00 PM||1,255||0.5|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NYC||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,434||0.5|
|STREET OUTLAWS: NO PREP||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,278||0.4|
|HIP HOP SQUARES 2||VH1||10:00 PM||816||0.4|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,508||0.4|
|HIP HOP SQUARES 2||VH1||10:30 PM||766||0.4|
|CNN TOWN HALL||CNN||8:00 PM||1,680||0.4|
|MY 600-LB LIFE||TLC||8:00 PM||1,127||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,616||0.3|
|NBA PLAYOFFS – ROUND 1||NBA-TV||9:30 PM||823||0.3|
|FULL FRONTAL W/SAM BEE||TBS||10:30 PM||953||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,543||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,739||0.3|
|PROPERTY BROTHERS||HOME||9:00 PM||1,550||0.3|
|CNN TH: POST ANALYSIS||CNN||9:18 PM||1,521||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,785||0.3|
|MURDER CHOSE ME||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,233||0.3|
- Same as last week (and since the NBA playoffs started), TNT once again landed firmly on top of cable ratings Wednesday, starting with the live broadcast of the Pacers vs Cavaliers game (1.6 in adults 18-49 / 4.07 million viewers), followed closely behind by the Timberwolves vs Rockets game (1.5 / 3.46 million viewers). A late INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS landed in the number 3 position, scoring a 0.8.
- In other sports programming, both Univision and NBC Sports found themselves near the top of the list. Univision’s coverage of the CONCACAF Champions League match between Guadalajara and Toronto and NBCSN’s NHL Quarter Final broadcasts each garnered 0.5s.
- In unscripted cable, VH1’s BLACK INK CREW and Bravo’s REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK CITY maintained 0.5 ratings for another week in a row.
- CBS is bringing back a celebrity version of UNDERCOVER BOSS starting May 11 for a tryout 4-episode run. Featuring Olympian Gabby Douglas, Frozen star Idina Menzel, YouTuber Bethany Mota, and NFL Hall of Famer Deion Sanders, the four famous faces will go undercover (the prosthetics are pretty incredible, see the attached picture) to identify excellence and new talent in each of their respective fields.
- Amazon Prime and the NFL have re-upped their programming deal to air live Thursday Night Football games on the streamer for both the 2018 and 2019 seasons. Prime will stream 11 TNF games broadcast by Fox (also simulcasting on NFL Network and in Spanish on Fox Deportes).
- Facebook Watch will premiere a new wedding docuseries on May 3rd featuring Tamara Mowry-Housley (Sister Sister) as host. Over the course of 12 weeks, the twice-weekly series HELP US GET MARRIED! will feature couples struggling through wedding day decisions and will get help from the Facebook audience to make choices on everything from picking the perfect dress to finding a venue. In the finale, the audience will get to see the weddings they helped plan week to week. Rhett Bachner & Brien Meagher executive producer through Thumb Candy Media, the digital division of B-17 Entertainment.
- Calling all dancing queens – ABBA is reuniting for a TV Special set to air on NBC in the US and BBC. The pop group, which has not worked together for 35 years reunited to record the new single “I Still Have Faith In You” for the special in December, which will kick off a virtual tour set to launch in 2019, featuring holograms of the band’s younger selves. Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment produces the special and is working on the AI for the hologram tour.