CODE BLACK premieres at series low; NBA Playoffs continue to top cable ratings; an update on Gordon Ramsay’s 24 HOURS TO HELL AND BACK
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.4/5||1.0/4||0.7/3||0.6/3||0.4/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||4.55||6.54||4.11||3.15||1.1|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Wednesday, April 25, 2018
|8 p.m.||Survivor (CBS)||1.6/7||7.75|
|The Blacklist (NBC)||0.8/3||5.22|
|The Goldbergs (ABC) – R||0.7/3||3.53|
|Riverdale (The CW)||0.4/2||1.15|
|8:30 p.m.||Alex, Inc. (ABC)||0.7/3||2.97|
|9 p.m.||Star (FOX)||1.2/5||3.84|
|SEAL Team (CBS)||0.8/3||6.31|
|Modern Family (ABC) – R||0.7/3||3.2|
|Law & Order: SVU (NBC) – R||0.6/3||3.48|
|The Originals (The CW)||0.4/2||1.04|
|9:30 p.m.||Alex, Inc. (ABC)||0.6/3||2.48|
|10 p.m.||Code Black (CBS) – P||0.7/3||5.56|
|Chicago PD (NBC) – R||0.7/3||3.63|
|Designated Survivor (ABC)||0.5/2||3.37|
- Wednesday brought a pair of series lows on broadcast. First up, on CBS, the third season of CODE BLACK premiered to a low of 0.7 among adults 18-49, down three tenths from its 1.0 season 2 average and half a point off from its 1.2 series premiere in 2016. SEAL TEAM fell as well, off two tenths from its last original episode. In positive news for CBS, however, SURVIVOR held steady at 1.6 and was the most watched show of the night.
- ABC’s DESIGNATED SURVIVOR also scored a series low, dropping down to a 0.5, a tenth off from last week. Double episodes of startup comedy ALEX INC scored a 0.7 and 0.6, respectively, with its performance in the 8:30 slot up a tenth from last week.
- Both EMPIRE (1.6) and STAR (1.2) were down a tenth for FOX, while RIVERDALE and THE ORIGINALS both put up 0.4s, even with last week.
- NBC’s only new show for the evening was THE BLACKLIST, matching its rating from two weeks ago, earning a 0.8.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Tuesday, April 24, 2018
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||10:45 PM||3,766||1.6|
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||8:09 PM||3,610||1.4|
|WWE SMACKDOWN||USA||8:00 PM||2,549||0.8|
|INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||1:18 AM||1,569||0.7|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES BEV HILLS||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,846||0.6|
|DEADLIEST CATCH||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||2,039||0.6|
|LAST OG, THE||TBS||10:30 PM||1,162||0.4|
|MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT||LIFETIME||9:00 PM||1,241||0.4|
|FORGED IN FIRE||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,200||0.4|
|KNIFE OR DEATH||HISTORY||10:03 PM||1,055||0.4|
|DEADLIEST CATCH: SAGA||DISCOVERY||8:00 PM||1,283||0.4|
|INK MASTER||PARAMOUNT||10:00 PM||751||0.3|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,943||0.3|
|LITTLE PEOPLE, BIG WORLD||TLC||9:00 PM||1,583||0.3|
|GOOD BONES||HOME||9:00 PM||1,485||0.3|
|CHALLENGE: CHAMPS STARS||MTV||10:00 PM||492||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,443||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||2,918||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,470||0.3|
|NBA PLAYOFFS||NBA-TV||7:00 PM||677||0.3|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||671||0.3|
|LAST OUTPOST||DISCOVERY||10:02 PM||929||0.2|
- The top six slots of the cable ratings are identical to last week, but with the exception of NBA playoff coverage, which grew in both rating and audience week-to-week, all other program slid down somewhat. First, NBA Playoffs: TNT continues to enjoy being at the top, with live broadcasts of Spurs vs. Warriors game 5 (1.6) and Heat vs 76ers (1.4) both up two tenths over last week’s live broadcasts and growing by roughly 800k in audience week-to-week.
- The rest of the list was off a bit from last week, with WWE SMACKDOWN on USA rounding out the top three but down two tenths to 0.8, and a slightly smaller audience (2.55 million). THE LAST OG on TBS dropped another tenth, down to a 0.4.
- REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS held on to its 0.6 for another week in a row, and USA’s UNSOLVED: TUPAC & BIG similarly kept its 0.3 streak going.
- Spoke with Fox about Gordan Ramsay’s newest show, and it’s Nothing to do with the show, just scheduling and Fox didn’t want to rush it. The show is now in prime summer position, following MasterChef on Wednesdays. Premiere is June 13th at 9p, and Fox is happy with how it is looking.