ROSEANNE reruns tie The VOICE for top spot on broadcast; Nickelodeon set to bring back popular game show DOUBLE DARE
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.2/5||1.1/4||0.8/3||0.7/3||0.5/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||5.25||6.5||3.04||6.27||1.65|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Tuesday, April 24, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Voice (NBC)||1.5/6||9.06|
|Roseanne (ABC) – R||1.3/5||6.33|
|Lethal Weapon (FOX)||0.9/4||4.25|
|NCIS (CBS) – R||0.7/3||6.73|
|The Flash (The CW)||0.6/2||1.92|
|8:30 p.m.||Roseanne (ABC) – R||1.3/5||6.08|
|9 p.m.||Roseanne (ABC) – R||1.5/6||6.44|
|NCIS (CBS) – R||0.7/3||6.97|
|LA to Vegas (FOX)||0.6/2||2.07|
|The 100 (The CW) – P||0.4/2||1.39|
|9:30 p.m.||Roseanne (ABC) – R||1.5/6||6.32|
|New Girl (FOX)||0.6/2||1.6|
|10 p.m.||Chicago Med (NBC)||0.9/4||6.06|
|Bull (CBS) – R||0.6/2||5.12|
- It was a quiet night on broadcast, with most shows holding steady or improving slightly. The only exception was on NBC, where CHICAGO MED fell three tenths to a series-low 0.9 among adults 18-49. Both THE VOICE (1.5) and RISE (0.8) were steady week to week.
- On Fox, LETHAL WEAPON ticked up slightly, gaining a tenth on last week to score a 0.9, while comedies LA TO VEGAS and NEW GIRL both held steady with 0.6s.
- THE 100 premiered its fifth season last night on CW, earning a 0.4 and steady with last season’s debut. THE FLASH (0.6) was steady with last week.
- ABC aired a new episode of DECEPTION, whose 0.8 was up two tenths from its Sunday show and an improvement over FOR THE PEOPLE’s performance in the same time slot. Interesting note: Roseanne reruns performed pretty solidly, averaging a 1.4 over 4 episodes and a bit over 6 million viewers for each half hour.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Monday, April 23, 2018
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||10:38 PM||3,874||1.6|
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||8:09 PM||3,494||1.4|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||9:00 PM||3,210||1.1|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||8:00 PM||3,283||1.1|
|LOVE AND HIP HOP ATLANTA||VH1||8:00 PM||2,009||1.0|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||10:00 PM||2,819||1.0|
|INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||1:25 AM||1,790||0.8|
|TEYANA AND IMAN||VH1||9:00 PM||1,507||0.8|
|TEEN MOM REUNION||MTV||9:00 PM||1,241||0.7|
|LEAVE IT TO STEVIE||VH1||9:30 PM||1,230||0.6|
|VANDERPUMP RULES||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,442||0.6|
|SPRING BAKING CHAMPION||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,416||0.5|
|AMERICAN DAD||TBS||10:00 PM||870||0.4|
|FAST N LOUD||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,224||0.4|
|TEEN MOM: YOUNG AND PREGNANT||MTV||10:01 PM||708||0.4|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||2,733||0.3|
|HANNITY||FOX NEWS||9:00 PM||3,281||0.3|
|NHL QTR FINALS L||NBC SPORTS||6:58 PM||838||0.3|
|DEAD OF NIGHT||INVEST||10:00 PM||1,101||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,481||0.3|
|TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT||FOX NEWS||8:00 PM||2,702||0.3|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||728||0.3|
|EVIL TALKS||INVEST||9:00 PM||965||0.3|
|INGRAHAM ANGLE, THE||FOX NEWS||10:00 PM||2,722||0.3|
|DAILY SHOW||COMEDY||11:00 PM||913||0.3|
- TNT predictably continued its domination over cable ratings as NBA Playoff season marches on. In back-to-back airings, the network’s broadcasts of the Thunder versus Jazz and Rockets versus Timberwolves games scoring a 1.6 and 1.4 respectively, closely in line with last week’s performance.
- USA’s WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW followed closely behind, earning a peak 1.1 rating across its 3-hour broadcast, down three tenths from last week, but in line with its performance before Wrestlemania.
- In unscripted news in cable, LOVE & HIP: ATLANTA continues to post numbers near the top of the list, this week rounding out the top five and holding steady with a 1.0, while other VH1 reality series TEYANA & IMAN climbed a tenth to 0.8 this week, while LEAVE IT TO STEVIE rose to a 0.6.
- NHL Hockey is beginning to make a showing in the top 25, as quarter final series begin to wrap up. NBC Sports’ coverage of the game between the Capitols and Blue Jackets scored a 0.3 among adults 18-49 and 838,000 viewers.
- A story that has been going around Hollywood lately is the downfall of NXIVM and its founder Keith Rainere. Originally billed as an empowerment program, in reality was a sex cult made up of female slaves. A docuseries is now in the works from Brian Graden Media in partnership with Sarah Edmondson, a Canadian actress and former member of the society. The show is still being developed, but expected to go out to cable and streaming networks within the next week.
- It’s finally happened: Nickelodeon is bringing back Double Dare, the iconic game show of trivia, gross physical challenges, and obstacle courses. The original show ran from 1986-1993 and it’s just fun. It’s the show that inspired later iterations of wacky physical challenge shows around the world (Wipeout comes particularly to mind, and Ellen’s Game of Games has elements of this in its stage challenges). I’ll be tracking this one to see how they redevelop this new version.