THE VOICE and AMERICAN IDOL in near tie on Monday; ABC greenlights new dating show THE PROPOSAL; music documentary based on disgraced producer Lou Pearlman set at YouTube Red
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.3/5||1.2/5||0.9/4||0.7/3||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||6.9||6.47||5.26||3.37||1.05|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Monday, April 23, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Voice (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.5/6||8.28|
|American Idol (ABC) (8-10 p.m.)||1.4/5||7.59|
|The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – R||1.0/4||6.41|
|Supergirl (The CW)||0.4/2||1.38|
|8:30 p.m.||Young Sheldon (CBS) – R||1.0/4||6.06|
|9 p.m.||Young Sheldon (CBS) – R||1.0/4||5.86|
|The Resident (FOX)||0.8/3||3.92|
|iZombie (The CW)||0.2/1||0.71|
|9:30 p.m.||The Big Bang Theory (CBS) – R||1.0/4||5.55|
|10 p.m.||Good Girls (NBC)||0.9/4||4.14|
|The Late Late Show Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special (CBS)||0.8/3||3.84|
|The Crossing (ABC)||0.7/3||4.24|
- THE VOICE and AMERICAN IDOL were nearly a tie last night, with Voice dropping two tenths week to week to 1.5 and Idol holding steady with a 1.4 among adults 18-49.
- Later in the evening, ABC’s new sci-fi thriller THE CROSSING was even with last week, earning another 0.7, while GOOD GIRLS on NBC dropped another tenth of a point, down to 0.9 for its latest episode.
- CW slipped week-to-week, with SUPERGIRL scoring a series low 0.4 and iZOMBIE sinking back to its usual 0.2 after a slight pop up last week.
- On Fox, LUCIFER (0.7) was steady while forgettable medical drama THE RESIDENT slipped a tenth to 0.8.
- CBS aired mostly reruns last night (all of which scored better than the network’s originals last week), capped with the LATE LATE SHOW CARPOOL KARAOKE special, which scored a 0.8.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Sunday, April 22, 2018
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||8:49 PM||6,069||2.6|
|NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||6:08 PM||3,165||1.3|
|INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS||TNT||11:23 PM||2,386||1.1|
|FEAR THE WALKING DEAD||AMC||9:00 PM||3,066||1.1|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA||BRAVO||8:00 PM||2,319||0.9|
|MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES||ADULT SWIM||11:30 PM||1,002||0.5|
|INTO THE BADLANDS||AMC||10:02 PM||1,349||0.5|
|NAKED AND AFRAID||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||1,476||0.4|
|LAST WEEK TONIGHT||HBO||11:18 PM||1,188||0.4|
|REAL HOUSEWIVES OF POTOMAC||BRAVO||10:00 PM||1,152||0.4|
|SILICON VALLEY||HBO||10:16 PM||858||0.4|
|BALLMASTRZ: 9009||ADULT SWIM||12:00 AM||729||0.4|
|WORST COOKS IN AMERICA||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,329||0.4|
|GUY’S GROCERY GAMES||FOOD||8:00 PM||1,062||0.3|
|SOUTHERN CHARM NEW ORLEANS||BRAVO||9:00 PM||954||0.3|
|BAR RESCUE||PARAMOUNT||10:00 PM||783||0.3|
|MEXICO LIFE||HGTV||10:00 PM||1,657||0.3|
|BALLMASTRZ: 9009||ADULT SWIM||12:15 AM||651||0.3|
|WHEN CALLS THE HEART||HALLMARK||9:00 PM||2,570||0.3|
|CARIBBEAN LIFE||HGTV||9:30 PM||1,616||0.3|
|MLB SUNDAY NIGHT||ESPN||8:00 PM||1,276||0.3|
- TNT easily led Sunday night on cable; the top slot went to the Cavaliers-Pacers NBA Playoff game, which topped out at 2.6 among 18-49s and just over 6 million people watching. An earlier game grabbed a 1.3, while INSIDE THE NBA PLAYOFFS rounded out the top 3, earning a 1.1 for the night.
- FEAR THE WALKING DEAD had a noticeable drop off without WALKING DEAD to lead it in, but it’s 1.1 rating is pacing slightly ahead of where the show was at this point last season.
- In scripted cable, the much ballyhooed WESTWORLD second season premiered to a 0.9 in fast nationals (a number that will certainly balloon once counted across all platforms), and a tenth ahead of its series premiere, which was a 0.8. The show also gave a bit of a bump to SILCON VALLEY, which ticked up a tenth to 0.4 this week.
- ABC will be premiering a new dating show this summer created by Mike Fleiss (The Bachelor). THE PROPOSAL, an hour-long show hosted by Jesse Palmer (Season 5 Bachelor) will feature 10 eligible daters competing in four pageant-style rounds to win the heart of a mystery suitor or suitress, whose identity is concealed from the players. Each episode will follow the male or female daters as they attempt to woo the mystery suitor with their words in first impressions and beachwear rounds; answer the mystery suitor’s most pressing romantic questions; and strive to receive a seal of approval from the mystery suitor’s most trusted family member in the final round. After each phase, the daters who fail to connect with the mystery suitor are whittled down until two are left. The final two meet the mystery suitor for the first and proposes. Next Entertainment and Warner Horizon Unscripted produces.
- Travel Channel has greenlit a 4-episode series titled MYSTERIES AND MYTHS WITH MEGAN FOX, where the actress will embark on a journey around the world, alongside archaeologists and experts who will re-examine the history and documented stories related to ancient cultures, people, and places. The series will delve into mysteries behind Amazon women, look for evidence proving that the Trojan War happened, and other myths along the same lines. Karga Seven Pictures will be producing the series.
- YouTube has ordered a documentary from Lance Bass and Pilgrim Media Group centered around notorious record producer and convicted fraudster Lou Pearlman, the man behind such successful boy bands as NSYNC and Backstreet Bous. The docu details the story of Lou Pearlman, his remarkable successes and offenses, and his tragic end while serving a 25-year prison sentence for multiple felony convictions. THE LOU PEARLMAN PROJECT reveals the dark side of stardom and the music industry as members of multi-platinum-selling bands like *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, O-Town and Take 5 tell all about working with Pearlman. Interviews with members of the bands, industry experts, and former friends and colleagues will be featured in the project, which is due out on YouTube Red at the end of the year.