THE BACHELOR finale and special are solid for ABC; WALKING DEAD sinks to near-series low; GOOD DOCTOR gets early Season 2 renewal from ABC
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||2.2/8||2.1/8||0.9/3||0.8/3||0.3/1|
|Total Viewers (millions)||7.84||6.92||5.34||3.52||1.26|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Monday, March 5, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Voice (NBC) (8-10 p.m.)||2.5/9||11.46|
|The Bachelor (ABC) (8-11 p.m.) – F||2.2/8||7.84|
|Kevin Can Wait (CBS)||1.1/4||6.29|
|Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)||0.4/2||1.19|
|8:30 p.m.||Man with a Plan (CBS)||1.0/4||5.87|
|9 p.m.||The Resident (FOX)||0.9/3||4.03|
|Superior Donuts (CBS)||0.8/3||5.11|
|iZombie (The CW)||0.2/1||0.77|
|9:30 p.m.||Living Biblically (CBS)||0.7/3||4.42|
|10 p.m.||Good Girls (NBC)||1.3/5||5.42|
- In a surprising twist ending to the 22nd season of THE BACHELOR, ABC scooped up a ratings win Monday night. The 3-hour finale scored a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49, up four tenths from last week, and half a point above its season average. However, it should still be noted that last night’s episode lagged half a point behind last season’s finale.
- NBC’s THE VOICE had the best rating overall during the night. Even though it fell by two tenths from last week, the show still grabbed a 2.5 and performed better half hour to half hour against THE BACHELOR. Predictably, GOOD GIRLS fell a bit from its premiere, coming down two tenths to 1.3, but still holding up well against the competition on ABC.
- CBS’ usual line up of comedies and a drama was a mixed bag. KEVIN CAN WAIT (1.1) ticked up a tenth from last week, while both SUPERIOR DONUTS (0.8) and LIVING BIBLICALLY (0.7) fell a tenth. MAN WITH A PLAN (1.0) and SCORPION (0.8) each matched their numbers from their last episodes.
- On CW, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW turned in its usual 0.4 for the week, while iZombie faltered a tenth, falling to 0.2 in its second week.
|Adults 18-49 rating/share||1.9/7||1.8/6||1.2/5||0.8/3||0.6/2|
|Total Viewers (millions)||8.61||6||10.39||2.94||1.87|
Broadcast Primetime Live + Same Day – Monday, March 5, 2018
|8 p.m.||The Bachelor: After the Final Rose (ABC) (8-10 p.m.) – S||2.2/8||7.7|
|The Voice (NBC)||2.1/8||9.93|
|Lethal Weapon (FOX)||1.0/4||3.98|
|The Flash (The CW)||0.7/3||2.01|
|9 p.m.||This Is Us (NBC)||2.2/8||8.81|
|LA to Vegas (FOX)||0.7/3||2.08|
|Black Lightning (The CW)||0.5/2||1.47|
|9:30 p.m.||The Mick (FOX)||0.6/2||1.74|
|10 p.m.||Chicago Med (NBC)||1.4/5||7.1|
|NCIS: New Orleans (CBS)||0.9/4||8.31|
|Kevin (Probably) Saves the World (ABC) – F||0.7/3||2.59|
- THE BACHELOR “After the Final Rose” special was able to get the edge over THE VOICE last night, scoring a 2.2 with adults 18-49, matching Monday’s finale numbers. Following the special, KEVIN (PROBABLY) SAVES THE WORLD earned a 0.7 for its final episode, two tenths up from its last episode.
- Speaking of NBC, THE VOICE earned a 2.1, down two tenths from last week, while THIS IS US (2.2) dropped three tenths to sink to its second-lowest rating of the season. CHICAGO MED managed to hold steady for another week, earning a 1.4
- CBS had a mostly flat night, with both BULL (1.1) and NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (0.9) staying even with last week, while mothership NCIS rose up two tenths, earning a 1.4 for the night.
- Both FOX and the CW had steady nights with, LETHAL WEAPON (1.0), LA TO VEGAS (0.7), THE MICK (0.6), THE FLASH (0.7) and BLACK LIGHTNING (0.5) all matching numbers from last week.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Sunday, March 4, 2018
|THE WALKING DEAD||AMC||9:00 PM||6,820||2.9|
|TALKING DEAD||AMC||10:06 PM||2,651||1.1|
|KEEPING UP W/THE KARDASHIANS||E!||9:00 PM||1,285||0.6|
|RED CARPET REWIND: ACADEMY AWARDS||E!||7:00 PM||1,605||0.6|
|NBA REGULAR SEASON||ESPN||8:00 PM||1,347||0.6|
|MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES||ADULT SWIM||11:30 PM||988||0.5|
|LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET: ACADEMY AWARDS||E!||5:00 PM||1,325||0.4|
|SISTER WIVES||TLC||8:00 PM||1,396||0.4|
|GUY’S GROCERY GAMES||FOOD||8:00 PM||1,070||0.3|
|WORST COOKS IN AMERICA||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,240||0.3|
|MR. PICKLES||ADULT SWIM||12:00 AM||691||0.3|
|ON THE CASE W/PAULA ZAHN||ID||10:00 PM||1,212||0.3|
|EVIL LIVES HERE||ID||9:00 PM||1,259||0.3|
|SEEKING SISTER WIFE||TLC||10:02 PM||990||0.3|
|LAST WEEK TONIGHT||HBO||11:03 PM||940||0.3|
|MR. PICKLES||ADULT SWIM||12:15 AM||617||0.3|
|WHEN CALLS THE HEART||HALLMARK||9:00 PM||2,181||0.3|
|REVENGE BODY W/KHLOE KARDASHIAN||E!||10:00 PM||511||0.3|
|FEAR FACTOR||MTV||7:00 PM||537||0.2|
|GIADA ENTERTAINS||FOOD||11:00 AM||835||0.2|
|THE CHI||SHOWTIME||10:00 PM||675||0.2|
|COMIC BOOK MEN||AMC||12:11 AM||544||0.2|
- THE WALKING DEAD took a major hit on Sunday night, sinking below a 3.0 for the first time since its first season. On Sunday night, the newest episode scored a 2.9 in 18-49s, off a whopping seven tenths from last week’s 3.6. Additionally, the show had its smallest audience since its March 4, 2012 episode – Sunday’s show drew 6.82 million (in 2012, the audience was 6.77 million).
- Also taking a hit was E!’s LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET pre-Oscar coverage, drawing a mere 0.4 for the night, down from 0.7 last year (staying right in line with the generally dismal ratings performance of the 2018 Academy Awards).
- The rest of Sunday was mostly quiet; KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS rounded out the top 3 for the evening with a 0.6, up a tenth from last week, while the second season of MTV’s FEAR FACTOR drew a 0.2 for the week.
Top 25 Original Programs on Cable – Monday, March 5, 2018
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||9:00 PM||3,267||1.1|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||8:00 PM||3,302||1.1|
|WWE ENTERTAINMENT||USA||10:00 PM||2,729||1.0|
|LOVE AND HIP HOP||VH1||8:00 PM||1,817||0.9|
|STREET OUTLAWS||DISCOVERY||9:00 PM||2,478||0.9|
|LOVE AND HIP HOP: MIAMI||VH1||9:00 PM||1,684||0.9|
|SHIFTING GEARS||DISCOVERY||10:17 PM||1,465||0.6|
|STREET OUTLAWS SPC||DISCOVERY||8:00 PM||1,558||0.6|
|VANDERPUMP RULES||BRAVO||9:00 PM||1,302||0.5|
|AMERICAN DAD||TBS||10:00 PM||987||0.5|
|KIDS BAKING CHAMP||FOOD||9:00 PM||1,497||0.4|
|RACHEL MADDOW SHOW||MSNBC||9:00 PM||3,380||0.4|
|ALIENIST, THE||TNT||9:00 PM||1,652||0.4|
|AMERICAN PICKERS||HISTORY||9:00 PM||1,800||0.3|
|SIESTA KEY||MTV||10:02 PM||544||0.3|
|ANDERSON COOPER 360||CNN||8:00 PM||1,275||0.3|
|PARDON THE INTERRUPTION||ESPN||5:30 PM||810||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS||HOME||10:00 PM||1,524||0.3|
|FINAL SPACE||TBS||10:30 PM||576||0.3|
|ERIN BURNETT OUTFRONT||CNN||7:00 PM||1,236||0.3|
|HOME TOWN||HOME||9:00 PM||1,533||0.3|
|HOUSE HUNTERS INTL||HOME||10:30 PM||1,509||0.3|
|PAWN STARS||HISTORY||10:03 PM||1,392||0.3|
|PAWN STARS||HISTORY||10:33 PM||1,337||0.3|
|LAST WORD W/L. ODONNELL||MSNBC||10:00 PM||2,495||0.3|
- Unsurprisingly, WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW stayed on top of Monday cable ratings, taking all three of the top slots and peaking at a 1.1 in both the 8 and 9pm hours, still one tenth down from its previous 1.2 peak.
- Rounding out the top five were usual suspects LOVE AND HIP HOP on VH1, earning a 0.9 among adults 18-49, keeping its same rating from last week. STREET OUTLAWS on Discovery also earned a 0.9, climbing two tenths and brought in 2.48 million viewers.
- On the scripted cable side, THE ALIENIST fell a bit this week, dropping a tenth to 0.4 from last week’s 0.5.
- In cable news, Maddow continues to lead over Hannity and again the ratings margin has continued to widen by the tiniest of steps. Maddow on MSNBC earned a 0.41 to Hannity’s 0.28 in the 18-49 demo, and a 0.64 vs. 0.5 in the 25-54 news demo, while Maddow’s audience edge is growing, this time with an audience just over 500K larger than that of Hannity’s in the same hour.
- Unsurprisingly, ABC has given an early season 2 renewal to breakout freshman drama THE GOOD DOCTOR. Although it is unknown how many episodes the David Shore-led project will be in Season 2, it can’t be more than 18, per clauses in star Freddy Highmore’s contract.